No announcement yet.

What's your favorite moment in a game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite moment in a game?

So I feel like asking questions today; so sue me. Anyway, what moment in a game makes you pump your fist in the air and let out a mighty "Yes!"? My vote: sacking an enemy capital. It's even better than actually eliminating the enemy. If it's the capital of your most hated enemy, so much the better; if civil war results...well, you may have to pause for a smoke afterwards.

------------------
    Dig trenches, with our men being killed off like flies? There isn't time to dig trenches. We'll have to buy them ready made. Here, run out and get some trenches.
    -- Rufus T. Firefly, the original rush-builder
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

When my final score comes in and it tops my previous high!

------------------
    All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Capturing the capital of my worst enemy who is ten time larger than I am with my last surviving attacking unit and thuse splitting the enemy in two.

Nothing can compare to such kind of releave.

------------------
      Mathias' Civ II Page
      http://members.nbci.com/thalys
      The Lost Geologist Blog
      http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

My favourite moments are the opening ones in my games - all fifteen-hoursworth of them!

Comment

When I finally get the explosives and refrigeration combination and start turning the world into one great big farm City sizes go astronommical real quick....this is my favorite time in civ
          I see the world through bloodshot eyes
          Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Most of my favorite moments take place in the very early game when the outcome is still in doubt. Once I've emerged on top of the power graph, I view my enemies' inevitable defeat as more of a duty to my country than a joy.

1. Exploring in the opening moves of the game and finding a network of rivers with specials.

2. Beating (via rush-building) my enemies to Pyramids or Colossus after receiving the "The *****s have nearly completed the Pyramids" message.

3. Destroying an enemy civilization before 1000 BC. Even if they are not yet wicked, I know I have spared them from their inevitable turn to evil.

Comment

When I KNOW my civ is invinsible

Comment

The first ten to fifteen turns. Exploring the unknown. Treading off into the darkness to find what's out there.

------------------
                Founder, ACS Pedantry Institute
                Founder, ACS Gourmet Recipe Exchange
                Troll & Hydey Wrangler
                Mono Rules!
                " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

When my armors land on a foreing continent to talk to another civ, so we can put an end to ages of differences...
                  :::::::::::::
                  Craftsman
                  :::::::::::::

Comment

Well, in a recent game, fairly early on, I had *all* of the other civilizations declare war with me and refuse to consider peace. When I got the United Nations and forced them to make peace (I was interested in peaceful expansion), I was quite happy.

Comment

it comes around the time I found my second city. the flexibility gained is quite pleasant
                      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Generally, the 'thrill' for me is when the enemies take you for a weakling-and then you start to build up your power, taking town by town, and then the enemies come begging for a cease-fire-even offering money just to keep the peace for a few months.
                        Specially when the enemies were once Super-Powers.
                        I might alter the files so that I can say "kiss my a**" instead of "We will fight to the bitter end".

"Remember Romans, it is your duty to humble the proud and give strength to the weak" ancient Roman saying.

------------------
                        MRP
                        MRP

Comment

"Leonardo's Workshop upgrades all Settlers to Engineers"

-----------------

SG(2)

"Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Killing a Civ in the first 25 turns. You find them about a city radius' length away. Build as many small units as you can.

------------------
                            If someone doesn't agree with you, you haven't explained yourself well enough-Luther Ely Smith

She turned me into a newt...well I got better- Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

How many boards could the Mongols horde, if the Mongol hordes got bored?- jcarkey

Comment

Triggering civil wars.

------------------
                              Chaos, panic and disorder - My work here is done.

Comment

Working...
                              X