Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

1200 AD – 41 units lost!!!

I beleive I will require an explanation....
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

An unworthy 20 turns. Done nothing but build food freights and trying to keep everything intact. If I could have done better, please tell me. Everything looks fine, though. There don’t seem to be much exchange between the AI civs … (China is too far from the others).
      Game sent to Scouse Gits. Copy to Paul.

------------------
      Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe
      Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

1560 AD Barbarians capture Yakust. Great ! Pollution near Kyoto hmmm.
        1570 AD Hydro Plant build ! Pollution still there ! Nuclear Fission discovered, nexr is Nuclear Power (1 “good” choice out of three). Discovery every 3 turns. Impossible to do better ! A freight each turn should help !
        1580 AD Silver freight.
        1590 AD. Oil freight
        1600. Nuclear Power. Robotics is next. Food freight in reserve for space race. Pollution eliminated.
        1610 AD. Food freight. Give industrialization to Chinese. Peace remains. Freight to Beijing 292 gold.
        1620 AD. Food freight
        1630 AD. Food freight. Robotics. Flight is the only good choice. Goodbye to the Giant One.
        1640 AD. Food freight. Oil freight to Chengtu, 288 gold.
        1650 AD. Flight, Laser is next. Salt Caravan. Still 3 turns for discoveries at 1/9 rate.
        1660 AD. Silver freight.
        1670 AD. Food freight.
        1680 AD. Food freight. Laser discovered. Radio is next. Freights to Nanking in Beijing, 400 gold (only) overall. Next time, we’ll go to the Aztecs !
        1690 AD. Beads freight. Little Bighorn demands that commodity. It would be worthy to make peace for the bonus …
        1700 AD. Food freight.
        1710 AD. Food freight. Radio discovered, Advanced flight is next. Science to 100% to keep the 3 turns rate. It is tough !
        1720 AD. Food freight. Chinese build Women’s Suffrage.
        1730 AD. Food freight.
        1740 AD. Food freight. We see the shores of the new continent. Advanced flight discovered, Rocketry is next.

Comment

Updated

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Smash on 01-17-2001 02:33 AM
            I beleive I will require an explanation....

Are you talkin' to me??? Seriously, all I did was load, hit enter to continue (as instructed), and wham!!! A box with the incredibly unbelievable message. Was this not expected? If not, wow, and I don't mean Wonder of the World!

And I'm glad to see Julius was able to start cranking out the caravans. It was also a small relief to see someone else struggle with the elusive 2 turns per research barrier.

------------------
            Frodo lives!
            Frodo lives!

Comment

Gigamap OCC - SG1 turn 2

I don't understand - why have we sold the Aqueduct and Sewer System - we are one Engineer short and can still grow two more population?
              Ah - now read the logs, damn sure I can't hack it with one engineer and one settler - back to the drawing board ...

1740AD -
              1750AD - Engineer - size now 23
              1752AD - Aqueduct; Pollution; Beads to Tenochtitlan, 354g;
              1754AD - Rocketry -> Communism (out of Amphibious Warfare or Genetic Engineering); Mt Fuji reduced to hill; WLPD starts @ 23
              1756AD - Sewer System;
              1760AD - WLPD ends @ 25; Sell Sewer;
              1762AD - Communism -> Space Flight; Sell Aqueduct;
              1764AD - Manufacturing Plant confirms suspicion that we are short of shields, Cannon disbands; Manhatten Project started ...
              1766AD - Polution;
              1768AD - SPACE FLIGHT -> Plastics; Galleon disbanded - production now 80
              1770AD - APOLLO PROGRAM; Pollution;
              1772AD - Structural#1; Pollution;
              1776AD - Structural#3; Plastics -> Superconductor
              1782AD - Structural#6; Pollution;
              1784AD - Structural#7; Pollution; Superconductor -> Guerrilla Warfare; Sell Research Lab;
              1786AD - Structural#8; Sell Mass Transit - only just remembered this!
              1788AD - Structural#9;

I think we are set fair for a minimum time launch now - tax is providing > 200g per turn and we still have a few caravans - not to mention other units - See you on AC Paul

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
              "The Great Library must be built!"
              "A short cut has to be challenging,
              were it not so it would be 'the way'."
              - Paul Craven
              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I still have no idea what caused "41 units lost" message.That is strange.

When I sold the sewer and aquaduct,we were grown to max capacity.I never bother with terraforming mountains or hills in OCC.It takes too long.But this is different I guess.I sold the sewer then noticed that 1 settler was supported.That was a mistake card for me.
                The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I have received the game, but I don't have time to play it today, so I'll play tomorrow evening.

Comment

I have updated the website with SG[1]'s log and saved game.

Comment

1788 AD Research rate raised (we still need fusion), now at 6 turns. SG[1] was a bit too enthusiastic selling the research lab.
                      1800 AD Guerilla Warfare -> Fusion; 15 structurals
                      1812 AD 6 components; sell manufacturing plant
                      1814 AD Sell hydro plant
                      1816 AD Sell Superhighways; not enough gold to buy 3rd module
                      1818 AD Sell University
                      1820 AD Sell Factory; disband all units; buy last module; science to 100%
                      1822 AD 3 Modules; science just too low to get fusion
                      1824 AD Fusion; launch
                      1839 AD Arrive at AC

Website updated with final log and 1838 AD saved game.
                      [This message has been edited by Paul (edited January 18, 2001).]

Comment

Earth to AC! Earth to AC! Come in AC!

Where is everybody?? Wasn't I supposed to be on board? I stepped away from my PC for a second and you all disappeared!

Congratulations group and thanks to all! This was fun!

------------------
                        Frodo lives!
                        Frodo lives!

Comment

Thanks all - sorry about the Research lab - forgot all about fusion - wasn't offered on the last choice I made... Excuses excuses - really good fun though

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
                          "The Great Library must be built!"
                          "A short cut has to be challenging,
                          were it not so it would be 'the way'."
                          - Paul Craven
                          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Congratulations for every member of the team. It was a great effort. I thought it the AI could be more dangerous, but I was wrong. I've recently made some experiments and the more dangerous setting seem to be : Russians, Germans, Egyptians, Chinese, Greeks and Indians. That way we would have had less huts and all civs could have traded techs more easily.
                            But it was good fun.
                            I hope you enjoyed the map.

------------------

Comment

Yes good game.1839 is not too shabby.A tricky finish but the master handled it.

Comment

Working...
                              X