Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

you know you've played civ to long when ...(the return)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...if you're still playing it

Comment

... you call your Foreign Advisor (wife) when you have to visit the in-laws

... you indulge the Attitude Advisor (wife) and increase luxury

... you call the Military Advisor (wife again) to build more units

Comment

Just don't «rush build» it JimH

Comment

When Republicans and Democrats are attacking each other on television, you wonder why the choice shouldn't be obvious, isn't <<"Democracy">> just the more modern form of <<"Republic">>?

You are amazed at the lack of transmission towers on Collesiums, since they are the source of all television

You write NASA to propose a trip to Alpha Centauri in order to get a 200 point bonus

You write the President suggesting the "Abolish the State Department" platform, citing that with the United Nations, who needs them at all?

You want to move the national capital every few turns to confuse potential enemies

The peace plan you drafted for the Middle East calls for sending a diplomat to bribe Jerusalem

You are confused as to why California could have an energy crisis, when the United States has Hoover Dam

[This message has been edited by Emperor10 (edited January 09, 2001).]

Comment

The alarm goes off.

Comment

EST - good one! Subtle, but right on target.

Comment

You wonder why no ones reached AC yet... after all, the Apollo Program was completed in 1969...

You are suprised to find there arent any buffalo herds in europe...
                [This message has been edited by DrFell (edited January 09, 2001).]

Comment

You cant understand why the French bothered to build the Eiffel tower...

You write to the government telling them to build more caravans so they can build the cure for cancer...

You wonder why we dont all switch to fundamentalism, after all, we've almost researched everything, and no unhappy people must be worth it...

Comment

when the us sends troops to a foreign country, you wonder why not one city is in civil disorder.

if you here someone talking about america's millitary and finacial problems, you call C-Span and tell them we need to switch to fundamentalism, and that it wouldn't cost to much because we have the statue of libertry.
                    "our words are backed by nuclear weapons"
                    "oh, yeah. well, our nukes are backed by 100%money back guarantee, so there."

Comment

...whne in stead of asking to borow money from a freind you request a gift from your gracious allies.

... when you you invite friends to see somethng you just got and forbid them from bringing scribes.

...whne you wonder how the gov't can afford to buy 2.5 billon dolar bombers if the most money they can have is 30,000 gold.

...whne you use a modified screen shot from Civ2 as part of you latin project

...When some one asks you whne the first Civilization started you calmly say 1991...

BTW... how do you post pictures to the message bord.

------------------
                      Artillery is the god of war-Joseph Stallin
                      It is True that liberty is Precious, so Prescious it must be Rationed-V.I.Lennin
                      [This message has been edited by RollinThunda (edited January 11, 2001)
                      BM6ù.]

[This message has been edited by RollinThunda (edited January 11, 2001).]
                      Artillery is the god of war-Joseph Stallin
                      It is True that liberty is Precious, so Prescious it must be Rationed-V.I.Lennin

Comment

Playing civ too long is an oxymoron.
                        [This message has been edited by Lefty Scaevola (edited January 11, 2001).]
                        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

uhhh...yeah, but this is fun
                          [This message has been edited by Smokey tha nuke man (edited January 11, 2001).]

Comment

When you got an important maths exam and all you can think about is how your going to crush the bloody zulus...

Comment

I wonder if I am the only guy, who when being cold shouldered by his wife has shouted out loud, "I none the less demand an audience".

Comment

probably, you need therapy if your being serious.
                                anyone wanna help me start "civ-aholics anonymus"?

Comment

Working...
                                X