Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by Empress on 12-14-2000 09:51 AM
    I still remember the first time I had disorder and it told me to make entertainers (evlvises) and I had no idea how to do that so in frustration I started clicking everywhere on the screen! then voila! If you take a person out of the working field, it frees them to do other things! Ahhh the memories...

yep, thats how i discovered elvises too completely by accident. i remeber all those brilliant games i had, never building roads or irrigation, and loosing on chieftain... i wish i still had all those saves now.. the memories

Comment

Yeah, wish I had kept the saves too *sniff*

but speaking of losing on cheifton, I remember having phalanxes when the AI would have tanks!

------------------
      Apolyton Empress

"The entire sum of existence is the magic of being needed by just one person" -- Vi Putnam

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall
      My First Website!
      Apolyton Empress
      "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

I don't know why they took the replay thing out of civ2. I miss that.

Comment

Man, this thread brings back memories...

I remember when I used to watch the animation and read about each new tech I discovered...

I wish Civ2 had the replay too. It was so neat to watch.

------------------
          Visit the Civ/SMAC Seti Teams stats!
          Visit the Civ/SMAC Seti Teams stats!

Comment

You guys forget the coolest part:

The leaders.

Montezuma looked like a migrant worker.
            Frederick looked like a queer.
            Ghengis looked like he neeeded to brush his teeth...

etc...
            "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

"Queer" hahahahahhahah

------------------
              "You're fired." - Jack Larkin
              "You're fired." - Jack Larkin

Comment

yes. Especially when you build a battleship (in chieftain level) and you attack a phalanx... and lose!

Comment

i actually managed once to lose with a nuke!!!
                  i attacked a city....and i heard the loose sound, but then it went off hehehe....
                  Rahvin, Chosen of the Great Lord of the Dark

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Baron on 12-16-2000 02:11 AM
                    I don't know why they took the replay thing out of civ2. I miss that.

Me too. But it's back in SMAC, so hopefully they'll put it in Civ III.

Comment

I miss the replay thing too. It was kind of a nice way to finish off the game.

I remember the time I had just discovered gunpowder, then the French came along and said hello with 2 fighters and a bomber.

Is the Civ version available above the DOS or Windows version (I prefer the DOS version myself - the Windows one has messed up the graphics a bit IMHO)?

Comment

I was looking through the Civ 1 section and found some scenarios. I downloaded one and I cant figure out how to run it. Any help?

Comment

What memories! I have Civ I on a 5.25 inch floppy. There were countless nights in college (damn, ten years ago!) when I sat up all night...not studying, but trying to take over the world. It was the greatest game of its time. I miss it.

------------------
                          Nam si violandum est ius, regnandi gratia violandum est: aliis rebus pietatem colas
                          "Veni, vidi, vici."

Translation: "I came, I saw, I conquered." Written by Caesar, in a report to Rome in 47 B.C. after conquering Farnakes at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days.

Comment

Anybody else remember the classic cheat in Civ I? After you put a settler to a task (e.g. build road or irrigation), you could click on the settler and retask it until complete all in the same turn. In this manner you could drain a swamp in one turn. This "trick" and the Pyramids (choose any govt) was how I managed to get Jesus into space, i.e. Space Launch by 0 AD.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Dr_Strangelove on 12-25-2000 12:07 AM
                              yes. Especially when you build a battleship (in chieftain level) and you attack a phalanx... and lose!

Hey thats happend to me before, i alwys wonderd how those guys' shields stood up to a 2 ton BB shell

Artillery is the god of war-Joseph Stallin
                              It is True that liberty is Precious, so Prescious it must be Rationed-V.I.Lennin

Comment

I never played civ 1. Would I appreciate it, even though I've only ever played civ2? Or am I already ruined?

rollin- I used to live in Freeport

------------------
                                Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
                                You fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way
                                Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
                                Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
                                I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                                Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Working...
                                X