Civ I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ I

I downloaded this from a site... it's really fun! I find it amazing that I can build the Pyramaids, and then be in communism by 1000 BC And it's so funny to look at the units, their names, things that I'm used to in Civ2 that isn't in this...

ahh yes but now i understand why htis game became so popular.

isnt' it a great game

Comment

oh YES! it is!

------------------
      "Victrix Fortunae Virtus"
      My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

What site did you download it from?

Comment

http://www.math.tau.ac.il/~boogaboo/civ1.html

have fun folks... I downloaded the first one, i dunno what the other downloads are like.

What's the deal with having to prove your worthiness to the crown? Is this just a way to keep people from pirating software??

Comment

Anyone remember how to speed the game up, its too slow and i remember it b eing far quicker, i used to start a game and then quit and start again, and that fixed the problem, but it doesnt' work in this version, maybe a windows thing

Comment

i dunno, this is kinda annoying, hwoever zipped up this game kept all the saved game files and the hall of fame file, too... so now you have someone elses hall of fame, and a bunch of useless saved game files

Comment

how do you get it to work? I get a whole bunch of files. and cannot find one exe file.

Comment

DA - This works under the MSDOS environment on windows, so you have to look for the file that is just named "Civ" and is an application. I actually had to install the files even though i had unzipped them already, i don't know if i did somethign wrong... but it works now

Comment

yes just hit the civ file, worked for me without having to install anything manually. But the slow speed is killing me softly with his hand...... argggggg

Comment

A 'clean' fresh from the CD civ1.zip inclucing the Readme file in English only is 1.669Kb - post your e-mails and I shall send it to you ...

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
                      "The Great Library must be built!"
                      "A short cut has to be challenging,
                      were it not so it would be 'the way'."
                      - Paul Craven
                      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Civ I.. ahh yes, the game that started it all for me

I almost overlooked it when it came with a new PC back in 1992? 93? Little did I know this would become the game which would have me soo addicted!

I still remember the first time I had disorder and it told me to make entertainers (evlvises) and I had no idea how to do that so in frustration I started clicking everywhere on the screen! then voila! If you take a person out of the working field, it frees them to do other things! Ahhh the memories...

------------------
                        Apolyton Empress

"The entire sum of existence is the magic of being needed by just one person" -- Vi Putnam

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall
                        My First Website!
                        Apolyton Empress
                        "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

Same with me! I remember going through the software bundle that came with my 486 and finding a gem in the rough. My first few games I almost gave up because I could only make warriors, I didn't know how to change production!
                          What I miss the most about Civ I is earthquakes and floods - and best of all, when an opponent's city would revolt and join you, just because they admired you so! None of this diplomat bribing crap! I also loved how at the end it would show that animation of the territory that you had won and lost by showing your colour on the map.

------------------
                          "You're fired." - Jack Larkin
                          "You're fired." - Jack Larkin

Comment

scouse gits my email is trm21@home.com , and once again thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X