Nitpicking about civ2 videos...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitpicking about civ2 videos...

I don't know if anyone has ever noticed this before, but this is relating to the Isaac Newtons College video. Now Isaac Newton was well known for being a Cambridge academic many, many years ago, and hence the 'college' where he would have been associated with. However, the opening scene to the INC video features an overhead shot of a British university city, clearly within site is are the famous landmarks of the Radcliffe Camera and All Souls College. These landmarks actually being in Oxford not Cambridge. So basically, the opening scene of the video was shot in Oxford, not Cambridge, where in fact Isaac Newton resided!
    [This message has been edited by Provost Harrison (edited November 16, 2000).]
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

LOL only you would notice such a thing
    Apolyton Empress
    "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

I'm quite impressed !

Comment

If you would notice all that, you would also notice that the entire video has an obsession with showing pictures of apples, which had lettle to do with Issac Newton's Collage. (Hey, we're talking about the collage, not the theory of gravity. )
        *grumbles about work*

Comment

his collage? never herd of it...

what museum is it in?
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Learn English grammar, Andz83 (now we're being so nitpicky anyway).
            But anyway, that's not what this thread's supposed to be about.
            About the wonder movies. They've probably just used archive footage for all wonder movies, but couldn't find anything on Cambridge.
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Now let's nitpick about the pyramids!!!

Seriously though...how would you notice that???
              Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

learn spelling, Shadowstrike!

Comment

I am going to watch the Marco Polo one and date the ships in the pictures and demonstrate that they are of a design that only emerged 100 years after his journeys. Perhaps.

The big question is who will make a new video file with the appropriate landmarks?
                  www.neo-geo.com

Comment

and living near the Hoover Dam it wasn't called the Hoover dam back then. It started out as the Boulder Dam.

how's that for nitpicky?

Comment

Actually, it was originally called the Hoover Dam, then renamed Boulder Dam by Franklin Roosevelt (as a piece of petty political revenge), and finally changed back to Hoover Dam after passions had subsided.

Nitpickers of the World, Unite!
                      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I commend you on your nitpicking

Comment

How on earth did you even notice it???

------------------
                          I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow
                          I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Not exactly nitpicking, but I just thought I'd let you know that in the United Nations movie, a UN soldier on a peacekeeping mission is shown, clearly with the Danish flag on his shoulder. I'm guessing this scene is from the UN mission in Cyprus, or possibly the Gaza strip a bit earlier.

Comment

Working...
                            X