Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grigor
    OK, I try again,
    Let's see if this works. The file is 140k in my machine too. I had 8 cities, 13 units.
    FW still says that it is not a saved game.

RJM at Sleepers
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

I have an i-book with MAC OS 9.02

Comment

Well I'm stumped.I have no problem with one of Henrik's saves but the others have some 'extra" stuff in them that just causes "fail to load" or "Civ2 has encountered problems and must shut down"

Rather annoying.Probably something really simple too
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Smash

It seems that I have no trouble enclosing readable game saves in an email (to CFC, for instance), so whatever is happening seems to be an unintended consequence of including a game save in a post. However, I can reload my own saves from posts at Apolyton, so whatever is going on is non-destructive. I play entirely from my hard disk without the Civ II CD, if that might could be an issue.

I wish this problem could be solved as I am eager to participate in succession games.

Comment

Do you have Maczip?

I used to run saves thru it making a zip.Then unzip straight away.For some reason that would leave me with a plain white "dog's ear' save file which I could then compress and send off to PCers with no further hassles.
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I do not have MacZip. I tried using Stuffit (DropStuff) and going both ways but I still didn't get a dog-ear file. Here is the result:
              Attached Files

Comment

Still messed up and 140 k.Try getting maczip.Its free at download.com.Not too big.Handy to have anyways since stuffit can't make a zip iirc.

Make it into a zip and then decompress with stuffit and see what is left.I seem to recall an option in stuffit "remove mac resource fork" or something like that.Im not sure if that is a problem or not.

Comment

OK, I got MacZip (a singularly un-Mac-y program) and I ran this save through MacZip (data fork only) and then stuffit expander and I got a dog-eared file, which is enclosed. (by the way, this is a challenging game to win - you start on Easter Island on a 1-square hill...)
                  Attached Files

Comment

It still failed to load on my PC running FW.

RJM at Sleepers
                    Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Working...
                    X