X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAC players...

I need to see something.Could please post a save game.Any will do

Thank you.
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Here you have some MAC files:

Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Those are net saves though, not saved games, they do differ a little...

I'll post a savegame for you when I get back home this afternoon.
      No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Super
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

This file is one of my saved files for the Red Front Demogame.

Just out of curiosity, what do you need it for?
          Attached Files

Comment

Oh you MAC users are always so nosey

I want to show how easy it is to make MAC saves PC freindly and vice versa.

Comment

How to make a mac save PC friendly:

1. Save the file
              2. Add .sav to the filename
              3. There is no 3

Comment

Actually there is #3 the first time.

You must tell your machine which application is to be used to open the file thru properties otherwise the file is unknown to the dumb PC.This is how it was for me on XP.

Comment

OK, Smash, thanks for taking a stab at this. I have a non-MP original Mac version, never updated as far as I know.

Good luck!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ok that one won't work.Something odd with that save.It is 140 k!...thats at least twice as big as it should be for that date.

Comment

OK, smash. Here's a typical succession game save (fyi, the current "Silly rules" game) from my iMac. This is the full Mac file name, with ".sav" added to make it Poly-acceptable. No compression.

Hope this helps.
                      Attached Files
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

My Civ II version (FW on a PC) could not find the Jrabbit save (too many dots?) and said that the other one was not a game save. But I suspect you already new that would happen.

RJM at Sleepers
                        Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

OK, I try again, this time trying to document the steps.

1. Open Civ2 game
                          2. Save game, adding .sav and eliminating one period in B.C.
                          3. Close Civ2
                          4. Type this reply. Cllick on Browse. Add the just saved game.
                          5. Submit.

Let's see if this works. The file is 140k in my machine too. I had 8 cities, 13 units.
                          Attached Files

Comment

ok something strange is happening here.Both of those saves are up in the 140k area and neither work using the normal method.Your MACs are adding a bunch of stuff in the save or something.I never had that on my MAC(g3 os 8.5).I may have to drag it out of the "closet of oblivion" and have a looksy.

Comment

Mine's an iMac on OS 9.0.4.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                              X