Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP ME PLEASE. I need to know where a cetain patch is!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP ME PLEASE. I need to know where a cetain patch is!

guys please help me....

I need to find the 1.3 patch for civ2. Thats easy i hear you cry! but its not. The patch i keep finding is for the GOLD Edition. I have Cilvilisation II Multiplayer in the classic style. you know, the classic style box form when the game first came out. I have looked everywhere on the net and cannot find a patch for my game! please help!

Jim

I'm not sure if this helps, but ...
    I have the Ultimate Civilization II MP which came out in the UK without CiC & FW and I too believed that it was incompatible with Gold. However, recently when configuring a new graphics card I was using the DirectX diagnostic routine (default path C:\Program Files\directx\setup\) DXDiag.exe which comes with DirectX 7 and lo and behold under the direct games tab it anounced that I possessed Civ II Multiplayer Gold!!
    Now I have yet to play MP (Oldman has issued a challenge so I may not retain my virginity long) so I cannot vouch for compatibility, but it is at least interesting...

Good civin'
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I remember that release they pulled it and stopped production, and then latter released UCC and Cic Gold. This original multiplayer release whithout any of the addons did not get a patch? only Gold and Ultimate

------------------
      I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow
      I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Here's the patch 1.3 for the Multiplayer add-on: http://civ2.sidgames.com/database/up...Updatev1.3.exe
        And by the way, have you ever tried www.civ2.com, you know, the official site? It's there too.
        [This message has been edited by Mercator (edited September 05, 2000).]
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
        X