Scenarios under Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenarios under Linux

Hi there. I love Civ 2 scenarios, but I am now a Linux user (Mandrake 9).
    Is there any way I can still enjoy Civ2 scenarios without booting Windows?
    Wine/Winex cannot run Civ2. VMWare doesn't work w/ Mandrake 9. Win4Lin is expensive and I don't know whether it would do the job either. Bochs won't boot Win98 for me. I don't think Civ2 scenarios are compatible with Freeciv, either.

Is there any way I can play the Civ2 scenarios I love?

Thank you,
    vaustein
    Our words are backed with bird shot

I am surprised that Wine can't run Civ2. I know little about particular releases of Linux. Your best bet is to seek out the Finnish Mafia here on Apolyton. Something tells me they'd know how to get Civ2 up on a Linux machine.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Civ2 works under Winex3, the latest packaged release of Winex. Problem solved.
      Our words are backed with bird shot

Comment

I heard a rumor from my cousin that Civ has been ported to Linux. I suppose he might have meant Civ3 (ick!), or perhaps it is more of a hack than a port.

Heard of any such thing?
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

"Civilization: Call to Power" has been ported (I don't think CtP2 was though), and then there's FreeCiv, but that's all (to the best of my knowledge).
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
          X