Transcendence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transcendence

I was attempting to complete my first spaceship ever, when all of a sudden an in-game movie starts playing, telling me that I have achieved transcendence and have won the game. I have not heard that this was possible. I thought you had to either be the first to land on AC or conquer all the other civ's. I was playing on Prince (yes, I'm still a beginner), had all civ advances, 5 Future Techs, and was way ahead of all other civ's, maybe even twice as advanced. What is it that triggers Victory through Transcendence?

You might get better answers in the ToT forum

That's happened to me as well... the game is going along nicely, and I'm trying for a high score, and suddenly the message appears and scoring stops. I don't know why that happens... I mean, if you actually learn Transcendence (which you can't do without building the spaceship, of course) the scoring stops, but I don't know what else triggers it.
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

I think I saw somewhere (Sorry that was 2 years ago) that when you have an age in advance on all other civ you get a transandance vic. Though, I'm not to sure, but I know I found it on www.gamefaqs.com.

Spec.
      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectator
        I think I saw somewhere (Sorry that was 2 years ago) that when you have an age in advance on all other civ you get a transandance vic. Though, I'm not to sure, but I know I found it on www.gamefaqs.com.

Spec.
        Does this happen in Civ II or are we talking about another version of the game. I've never come up against it, but perhaps I've never been far enough ahead.

RJM at Sleepers
        Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

I think if you get a large amount of future tech then you transcend or something along those lines. haven't played civ2ToT in sooooo long.
          Hi, I'm a sig virus. Pass me on by putting me in your sig!

Comment

According to the events/rules the "Ultrastring Theory" tech becomes available (to everyone) when anyone arrives on AC. This then opens the path to the Transcendence "technology".

So if you're not the first to reach AC and you just go on researching merrily, you might very well discover Transcendence before you know it.

And I believe the aliens themselves might "reach AC" as well, so there's a possibility you won't even know anyone reached AC (and released the Ultrastring Theory tech) if none of your human competitors have.

I'm not sure if there are any bugs in addition to/part of this though.
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

For the sake of clarity, I am playing CivIIToT. I am confident that no other civ. reached AC before me. At the time of transcendence, I had researched all techs and about 4 or 5 future techs. Only one other civ. was even in the modern era (the Mongols) and they were busy launching land attacks against me. At least when I checked my spaceship from the drop-down list, mine was the only one listed.

Thanks for the help so far.

Alafin (Yoruba for Emperor) Menilek

Comment

Working...
              X