X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another victim, er, player!
    Woo-hoo!
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Welcome to Obiwan18 and to Old n Slow

Play Order

SG[1]
      SG(2)
      Bloody Monk
      SCG
      Bob_Smurf42
      La Fayette
      -JRabbit
      STYOM
      obiwan18
      Old n Slow

We now have 10 players which seems a comfortable number for this game.

-------------------------

SG(2)
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Save posted

Don't feel I did much worthwhile here. Got us a WoW.
        Camel husbandry is our big industry.

Save zipped here.
        (BTW, no more need to zip stuff for the rabbits. I can do that myself now. )

Turnlog tomorrow a.m. from the work comp.

STYOM is next.
        Attached Files
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

FYI

For anyone not familar with Rabbit sign...

After unzipping, rename to, for example, me_a40.sav....

Otherwise, it will not be recognized by the game. Some kind of Mac thing You will also need to tick "arrange windows" under view.

It's too bad the hutfinder does not work on the Mac as we have now built two cities one square off. Could be whales or could be fish, but it doesn't matter now. "It will all be okay in the springtime," to misquote slightly, Chauncy Gardner.

Monk
          so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

I have the save... I'll take a look at it tonight, probably, and play tomorrow or Sat...

"I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
            "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

The year is 250 BC and King Bun accepts the mantle. We have 6 cities, all building camels. Clearly, we need navigation skills so we can take them asea. With science at a rate of 36 turns, we flop from70% tax to 70% science. -->> 16 turns. Incremental tickling.

225 BC -- Bush The Mean founded, more tickling.

200 BC -- Audience with Indira, we politely decline her request that we join her war against the Germans. Caravans progress. Gift Monarchy, trade Mysticism and the Wheel to Romans, receive Warrior Code, Iron Working. Though receptive, no map trade. (King Bun wonders if this is a Mac AI thing. )

175 BC -- Green Meanie, Heavens Gate camels completed. Hidden silk mining completed.

150 BC -- Babylonians now a monarchy. We hit 500,000 ppl. Despite giving Iron Working to India, Indira won't trade. Spanish refuse to chat.

125 BC -- Romans now a monarchy. Babylonians nearly complete Pyramids. Hmmmmm... Americans get Construction.

100 BC -- We've got our 200 shields and decide to build... the Lighthouse! (natch) Babs build Great pyramid of Ninevah. Others switch reseach to Great Library.

075 BC -- American capital moves to Philadelphia. First freight camel (gems) complete, awaits trireme.

050 BC -- Herodotus writes blasphemous history, calls us Mediocre! A few turns ago, we were supreme... Top civs are Germans, Americans, Spanish. Babylonians learn secret of The Republic. Trireme sets sail to far-off Madrid.

025 BC -- More of the same... Gift code of Laws to the Babs, but they won't trade -- or even talk.

001 AD -- Babylonian capital moves to Ninevah (presumably to be near Pyramids, where we will, in the fullness of time, bury them all!! )

020 AD -- Unavoidable disorder in Sticky Meanie (won't grow without 3rd worker). Babs now the world's first known Republic.

040 AD -- 2nd trireme prepares to head north to Berlin, Ur, and/or Leipzig -- needs to load 2nd freight before departure. Population now 600,000.

King Bun looks dejectedly about. 12 turns without a tech, when he wanted to set us on course for Mono and Mike's -- critical to early success with no Gardens hanging about.

Considered trading for (and becoming) Republic, but that made me think of Republicans, which made me think of Bush, which is just So depressing... So I just finished up and crashed.

SG Question:
              The ruleset states: "No attacking except on Holy Home Continent" and "No military land units... may leave the Holy Home Continent." Was this a pointed commentary on the festivities in Iraq?

Sometimes it just sucks to be an American...

Comment

Take it to OT, please.

edit: to remove unnecessary material

Monk
                so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

That statement was a throwaway. Forgive me if it offends, BM.

The question above it is on topic, and still stands.

Oh, and btw, parsng without the qualifer yields a false syllogism.

Comment

Screenshots... please.

inresting...

Comment

Somewhat related thought -- I see a few Sxn games in process -- is any one up for another to start soon? I have an idea that I’d like to offer:

Given the last few games in play, I thought that maybe we should explore a basic “silly rules” game -- each player that joins in adds one (and only one) “silly rule”, not conflicting with the previous and we all then abide by the self imposed constraints. Game planned to start on April 1, of course.
                      Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

-JRabbit - the reference to the word Holy was made in relation to the theme of the game - Fundamentalism!

Let's not talk about the troubles of the world. I come here to escape them.

Old n Slow - Games start every few weeks. A Silly Game may attract interest.

Ottok - Download a save ... much better than screenshots.

----------------------

SG(2)

Comment

and can we please stop with the grammer corrections... just back to insulting eachother..... it is so much more entertaining.
                          "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
                          "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

Originally posted by Old n Slow
                            Somewhat related thought -- I see a few Sxn games in process -- is any one up for another to start soon? I have an idea that I’d like to offer:

Given the last few games in play, I thought that maybe we should explore a basic “silly rules” game -- each player that joins in adds one (and only one) “silly rule”, not conflicting with the previous and we all then abide by the self imposed constraints. Game planned to start on April 1, of course.
                            Brilliant - I'll sign up for that one.

RJM at Sleepers
                            Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Rabitman - NO Iraq was furthest from my thoughts at that time

For reference - I am strongly against the current 'festivities' - but this is OT

SG[1]

Comment

Sorry to infect this thread with that line of thought, gang.
                                It was "happening now" when I typed that. Guess I'm guilty of letting RL affect my Poly time.

Mea maxima culpa...

Comment

Working...
                                X