No announcement yet.

Civ2 Soundtrack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you trying to rip the entire CD? Track 1 is a data track, so that might be giving the problems.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
      Are you trying to rip the entire CD? Track 1 is a data track, so that might be giving the problems.
      Originally posted by War4ever
      I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION, I FOUND THE TRACKS (MONGOL HORDE WAR DRUMS) AND I WANT TO RIP THIS TRACK, BUT WHEN I GO TO DO IT , IT GIVES ME THIS CAN'T TRANSFER DATA TO A FLASH PLAYER...

BASICALLY WHAT I WANT TO DO IS RIP THE TRACKS I WANT OFF CIV2 DISK AND PUT THEM ON MY FLASH MP3 PORTABLE PLAYER I HAVE FOR WHEN I RUN..THOSE WAR DRUMS SOUND AWESOME...

HOW DO I DO THIS?
      I'd say he just wants to rip the tracks he wants
      Insert witty phrase here

Comment

yeah, i want to rip only a few of the tracks....some of them really annoy me
        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Not sure if your question has been answered, but

You can use this utility to convert the avi to mpeg-1 format.

You can use the following utility to convert the mpeg-1 to mp3 (that is, lose the video).

dBpoweramp Music Converter - mp3 converter, FLAC, WAV, AAC and Apple Losslesss. Free Download (21 day full trial), start converting today

Both are free and run about 1.5 MB.

Copy the avi's from the CD to your hard drive, run the conversions, then delete everything except the mp3's.

Edit: I lost my Civ disk last year, so I hav not tested it. It should work. To save time, download the first utility and try it. If it work, download the second.
          "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

thanks for the help, i will let you know if it works

Comment

Static23: That rips the music from the videos, but not from the CD audio tracks, which war4ever is after.
              And for the thing you're suggesting, I know a program that can do all of what you mentioned, and is half as big as either of them at that: http://www.virtualdub.org

VirtualDub can't rip tracks from CD's though, which dbPoweramp does seem to be capable of (w4e?)...
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
                Static23: That rips the music from the videos, but not from the CD audio tracks, which war4ever is after.
                And for the thing you're suggesting, I know a program that can do all of what you mentioned, and is half as big as either of them at that: http://www.virtualdub.org

VirtualDub can't rip tracks from CD's though, which dbPoweramp does seem to be capable of (w4e?)...
                Sorry if I read the situation wrong. CDex is a program which can rip the audio tracks off a CD into mp3 format. Perhaps this will be more helpful?

"We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

ok, i can seem to figure out which program is better for me....CDEX i can't seem to make work. either that or i have no clue what i am trying to rip?

i want to rip the mongol horde war drums that play when you have the music turned on, and perhaps a few other tracks...

but they dont' seem to come up as tracks, and they are not digital?

i am getting headaches...

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                    ok, i can seem to figure out which program is better for me....CDEX i can't seem to make work. either that or i have no clue what i am trying to rip?

i want to rip the mongol horde war drums that play when you have the music turned on, and perhaps a few other tracks...

but they dont' seem to come up as tracks, and they are not digital?

i am getting headaches...
                    Try audiograbber at www.audiograbber.com-us.net

Nice clean interface and in version 1.82 it even supports Ogg Vorbis out of the box!
                    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Working...
                    X