Birdilization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birdilization

As I was doing my usual ODP Editor work on DMOZ, I encountered with a mod pack for Civ II called Birdilization. I haven't seen it anytime before and neither is it listed on any site than the page dedicated to the mod pack.

Now you of course wonder why I brought up this mod pack as that shouldn't be so unique as there's many out there, but this one is abit err... special. No, I haven't made it.

After checking out the screenshots I took, you'll get the clue. I was almost stunned when I saw the game.

So what did I do?

First I downloaded Birdilization from the website (http://www.geocities.com/coox3d) and checked out what modifications it require. As it seems to require that you dump all the files in to your root diretory, I did the usual backup and overwrote any files needed to. Time for action.

After starting Civ II UCC, I immidiately noticed that the start screen drum music had been replaced with some bird song (apparently parrots). Well, the only change before entering the game was that one city style had been changed. Medieval -> "nest." So when I entered the game and started to look around for the changes, I noticed them. New units, city improvements, techs and WoW's. The usual ones. But how things have been done make it look err... "great."

Bird poop?

So anyone want to play Birdilization MP over Internet?

"Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Best graphics, ever.

Comment

I have heard of it before, even visited the site a few times... I don't think I actually downloaded it though.
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

:???: Yeah, same here. This person is wacky. There must be a zillion pictures of birds out there, so why the scribbly drawings?
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

School of birdism.......classic.

Comment

Baakbaaaak..
            Hello, this I liked.
            The Golden Kock Army should also be a wonder.

(edit)
            Hehe, it's not allowed to say the name of a male chicken.
            My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow

There must be a zillion pictures of birds out there, so why the scribbly drawings?
              Maybe he wanted the graphics to be "unique" and made by himself?
              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

"My words are backed with bird poop!"

Comment

Working...
                X