The Mad 2.42 Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man

There's two (sometimes 3) of 'em. Sneaky, like a reverse DL. Used to confuse me, too
    but they have a number pierced in the ear so we can recognise them

Shade
    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by shade
      but they have a number pierced in the ear so we can recognise them
      Shade
      Scouse tagging? Sounds painful but necessary!

Comment

Sorry Mercatia but this is a standard initiation test to see if you can distinguish between two old farts.
        SG{3} is far too sensible to play succession games!

--------------

SG(2) ................not SG[1] ..........or even SG{3}
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

IIRC, Maercatia, in your very first post you did ask about the Initiation Ceremony -- We all lied to you - as you have just discovered!!

Now you are truly an Apolytoner - you have discovered the secret of the old farts Scouse Gits.

SG[1] ................... not SG(2) .................and SG{3} is my daughter

Comment

I think I git it! There are a bunch o Gits??

Comment

Episode II - the Attack of the Gits

475 -- gifted tech to Mongols, exchanged maps, got 50g, hiked up science rate so as to preserve the 40 beakers from ScouseHolme for our next advance. Hammurabi coughs up 25g, but the Vikings foolishly declare. That makes my first hard decision easy - after Philo we take Mono as our freebie - let the Vikings eat Crooks! Selected Engineering for next, perhaps I should have taken SeaFaring - anyway it is done. Vikings attack my little horsey - it's in a forest - they lose and the Celts declare on them in accordance with our alliance! Yeah !

Which wonder next - there are strong cases for the Lighthouse, the Pyramids (yes - even ICSers think about the Pyramids sometimes) or Mike's -- for completeness, the Library only slows up your 'critical path' research, not really an option, the Oracle too short lived and we weren't planning on building a heap of Temples now that the luvly Gardens grace our Palace and the Wall - although there is no denying the added security of instant walls following the conquest trail, you really don't need it and hence it is a waste of caravans -- this may well disappoint some of the players who don't normally stick to Deity - and I readily admit that in my earlier days I swore by the winning combination of HG + GW - but it almost makes life too easy -- I think I'll plump for the Lighthouse (on the way to Super 'Clads -- and get Mike's after that -- I should be so lucky as to get both in my turn - but ambition is no bad thing ...

450 -- Hides, Utica - SH, 64g; Copper, RMIUD - Persepolis, 16g; rush Granary in SH; move to shield economy to produce Carries.
              425 -- RMIUD horse routs Barbarian archer and becomes vet; StrayBow horse wanders into barbarian ambush and is surrounded by 7 b Horse - notification letters for relatives pending; Celts gift 50g every little helps ...
              400 -- Barbs kill horse as expected; beleaguered horse in viking land survives another attack - medal of honour stuff this; Caravan tickling (rushing to the multiple of 10) continues
              375 -- Horse finally succumbs to Viking Archers; Celts 25g;
              350 -- Rush Crook in SsS to avert Barbarian threat; many Carries move toward SH; Babs 25g; swap Philo for Engineering with Spanish;
              325 -- the city of UpBabsNose founded on a three (+hidden?) sweet spot within Ur's city limits ; Crook offs Barb Legion - unfortunately stacked with King; Celts 50g;
              300 -- Crook removes final Barb Legion; Babs withdraw + 25g; Warrior rushed in UpBabsNose; Caravan stock pile looking good ...
              275 -- 4 carries = lighthouse; Celts running short on patience (and money);
              250 -- Lighthouse in ScouseHolme; Babs withdraw + 25g; Mongols 50g;
              225 -- Mathematics choose Astronomy for next - Invention is tempting, but there is no hurry; Celts 100g; Spanish 100g;

Notes for my successor to ignore:-
              1) the Settler roading the Wheat outside Sarzana is intended for the three (+ possible hidden) sweet spot at (89,65) where the city of Fishysilk has been surveyed.
              2) the 8 Carries needed for Mike's should be available in a couple of turns - I then intended to put in some internal routes to SH - which can now grow to twelve

Have fun - that is an order ...

SG[1]
              Attached Files

Comment

The new city of UpBabsNose
                Attached Files

Comment

... just a question: do we need to be worried ofthe Babs activities near our city or have the Babs to be worried?
                  googol... this is a number!
                  "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
                  "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

Check F3 every turn - at the moment they are Cordial Peace and if you send an Embassy the 'ask to remove troops' option is present - immediately before a sneak attack this option will vanish - my strategy has been to offer to swap maps every other turn alternating with 'demand tribute' which has caused them to withdraw and cough up cash - that way I am in diplomatic contact with them at all times and can see the warning signs -- long term they are the ones to worry UpBabsNose now has a Barracks and is building a (vet) Phallanx this can hold out against most anything the Babs can throw at us - I would follow this with a couple of (vet) Crooks and then goad them into declaring - I think they have to be #1 on our hit list - and if we allow them to get realy well dug in these rivered cities can be a serious pain to clear in the later game particularly as neither city is on the coast so that our not so far away Super 'Clads can't get at em....

SG[1]

Comment

Mad Visions dance before my eyes!

0725 ScouseHolme builds Temple.
                      Don't we have HG? Oh, right, celebration gives us trade arrows. D'oh!
                      0625 …Hut - Nomad
                      Way over there? Yeah, I know, don't complain if it's free.
                      It will get home and become useful some day

0550 …Science now back @ 70%/Tax 30%
                      After all of SG[1]'s carrying on…
                      0500 Library built in ScouseHolme Finally!!!
                      0475 Persepolis (Barb) bribed for 260g.
                      I like to draw out the units and bribe them first so they're NON…
                      Betimes easier said than done.

Philosophy should be in next turn to give my successor two tech choices.
                      Oh, your generosity is heartening!

And the best for last:

0525 Suez sur Scouse founded Woohoo!
                      Attached Files
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Mad Schemes Abound

Yes your list of proposed mad schemes meets favour with the mad old fart in the corner

You picture is a little small to show: The Great Canal Wonder
                        Attached Files

Comment

Everyone's a critic…

"325 -- the city of UpBabsNose founded on a three (+hidden?)
                          sweet spot within Ur's city limits"

Obviously I didn't publish my Even Madder Scheme soon enough

Of course, now we have to take the Babs… the sooner done the sooner I can direct the Kingdom to my canal building.

Seriously, though, I always like to keep mid-game NON Settlers around for roadbuilding… I even turn untenably distant Adv Tribes into NON Settlers and send a ship to bring them home.
                          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Re: Everyone's a critic…

Originally posted by Straybow
                            "Obviously I didn't publish my Even Madder Scheme soon enough

of course, now we have to take the Babs… the sooner done the sooner I can direct the Kingdom to my canal building.
                            King Straybow the Canalbuilder?

Comment

Fortunately, StrayBow you do not have a monopoly on Mad Schemes
                              * demented laughter over a background of Bach Organ music *

SG[1]

Comment

Should we rename this thread "The Mad v2.42 Succession Game"?
                                Do I need to post a poll?

Comment

Working...
                                X