Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Historians shake their heads…

[SIZE=1]

In fact, only a one-armed man could be found for questioning, and the inquisitors were sure he had two arms the first time they questioned him. He claimed that he only needed one arm to do his job, polishing boots for La Fayette. The inquisitors thought he had been a smith when they first questioned him, but obviously they were mistaken since a smith would need two arms.
    The truth must be said:
    La Fayette's boots don't need any polishing. The 2-armed smith polishes the horseshoes of La Fayette's horse. That's all.
    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

La Fayette comes to power, riding his famous horsie-with-so-shining-horseshoes. He looks at the kingdom and almost falls from the top of his horse: who built that Raze-me... city one square away from the fine grassland on the river? Who built those forest cities close by (slow growth during the whole course of History)?
      There must be an ICS mole among the builders of the Scousish Empire .
      Anyway, the kingdom must survive and grow. Therefore, we shall build the HGs, some settlers (roadbuilders , not citybuilders) and one trireme in order to have a look abroad.

Short log:
      1050: 50g from hut
      925: Mongol city of Kashgar discovered ( = our keyciv )
      Mongol give 100g for peace and we swap BW for WC. (I know some of you won't like this, but if you are ICSers, perhaps I'll be warmonger)
      900: HG completed in our glorious capital city
      50g from hut

Comment

Savegame
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by La Fayette
          He looks at the kingdom and almost falls from the top of his horse: who built that Raze-me... city one square away from the fine grassland on the river?
          Oh noble ShiningHorseshoes Horse Rider, our historical records show that RazeMeIfYouDare! has joined spontanuously from a hut ...

Originally posted by La Fayette

Who built those forest cities close by (slow growth during the whole course of History)?
          There must be an ICS mole among the builders of the Scousish Empire .
          And yes, there should be some ICSers here and there in the ruling dynasties, but consider that, with the help of all these cities we have built the Great Canal Project!

We have HG! (the poor founder soul can now have some rest...)
          googol... this is a number!
          "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
          "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

You can bet I didn't finish building that ICS canal ( I'm fairly sure that someone else will ).

Comment

Julius, SG(2) are you up for a shot????

If no further posts I will start the second round this evening

SG[1]

--and yes La Fayette - you can bet someone else will

Woops - top of page ...
              Play order:

See top of Page 1 and last page ...
              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Yes - I'll have a go. Will download La Fayette's save.

-------------

SG(2)

Comment

OK you're in, Admiral -- however, I don't think you have any boats as yet

SG[1]

Comment

Yes, he has one, with a legion onboard, in order to convince those we meet that they had better give their precious gold.

Comment

You can bet I didn't finish building that ICS canal ( I'm fairly sure that someone else will )

While I am employing DaveV's strategies for resources allocation, I didn't reign as an ICSer. I just got enamored with the Mad Scheme of connecting the inland sea through to the main ocean.

You'll rarely see me pass up a chance to make naval shortcuts. I just hate how long it takes to move ships around these scraggly continents. I'm doing it Because It Is There.
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I didn't mean to criticize YOU, Straybow.
                        ...and I am very good friend with the masters of ICS, namely daveV and the Gits, but I am no ICSer at all. My pleasure is to beat them ...when I manage to .

Comment

A few more boats - but not a navy!

Thanks for leaving the game in such good shape La Fayette

0850 Trireme built as the fastest means of internal transport around the watery heart of the empire.
                          0825 ScouseHolme builds MarketPlace
                          0800 Caravans built - Temple started in ScouseHolme
                          0750 Silver Caravan from Erie to ScouseHolme 34g; Meet Celts and exchange knowledge for Mysticism, Construction, Bridge Building and Iron Working. Maps + Alliance + gift of 150g.
                          0725 ScouseHolme builds Temple. Two settlers mine hidden special @ 78,70...its pheasant - pity no silk!
                          0700 Babylonians steal Horseback Riding - declare war!
                          0675 Settler joins capital now size 4
                          0650 100g Tribute from Mongols
                          0625 Beads to ScouseHolme 40g. Hut - Nomad
                          0600 Settler joins capital = size 5: Wine to ScouseHolme 54g; Extract 150g from Babylonians for Cease Fire - Peace + their maps: 50g tribute from Mongols. F8 reveals that the Mongols have lost their capital to the Barbs!
                          0575 Literacy discovered. Settler joins capital - Size 6; Gift tech to Celts and get their maps. Meet Spanish/peace/150g in tribute.
                          0550 Marco Polo's Embassy built in ScouseHolme; Hides to ScouseHolme 56g. 200g tribute from Vikings: 50g gift from Celts: Science now back @ 70%/Tax 30%
                          0525 Suez sur Scouse founded - the last piece of Straybow's Waterway Monster! (Well you all knew I would finish it!)
                          0500 Library built in ScouseHolme; Gems to ScouseHolme 26g; Maps from Spanish. Gift of 50g from Celts; Hut load of Barbs!
                          0475 Persepolis (Barb) bribed for 260g. Silk to ScouseHolme 26g. Settler joins ScouseHolme now size 7.

Philosophy should be in next turn to give my successor two tech choices.

--------------------------

SG(2)
                          Attached Files

Comment

OK I've got it - will try and play tonight - failing that first thing tomorrow morning -- it definitely tyakes priority over marking

SG[1]

Comment

Ok Im embarrassed to say I didn't realize SG was playing twice. I downloaded and played his turn because I thought I was suppose to follow him.

Anyhow I will watch the play list more closely.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercatia
                                Ok Im embarrassed to say I didn't realize SG was playing twice. I downloaded and played his turn because I thought I was suppose to follow him.

Anyhow I will watch the play list more closely.
                                There's two (sometimes 3) of 'em. Sneaky, like a reverse DL. Used to confuse me, too
                                "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                                "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Working...
                                X