No announcement yet.

The Mad 2.42 Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messer Niccolò... when your government is a democracy it is impossible to bribe your units or cities.

------------------------

SG(2)
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• So the Ai is not so smart in using the diplo/spies abilities...
      googol... this is a number!
      "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
      "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

• The AI will bribe single defenders in the field - critical units should be stacked; the AI will bribe peripheral cities - most commonly those you have just captured from it - be prepared to reply in kind; and the AI is quite good at tech stealing in the final stages once SS construction has started - well defended choke points with vet Spy support and total control of the seas goes a long way to stop that.
        I have never seen the AI do a comprehensive Dip rape as a human can (and frequently does).

SG[1]

Comment

• 1560 Sad King Julius II comes to power. He decides on a policy called “Capitalomunism”. It consists on maximizing gold with caravans and rushbuilded marketplaces while under communism and some we love the comrade day. Some engineers are also under construction to improve the lands and why not found new prosperous cities.
          1570 A few caravans to foreign cities, but income is low. Maybe we should only trade with our glorious city of ScouseHolme ...
          1580 Yes, it is better trade with SHolme. We should try with goods demanded by Celts, though ... More marketplaces are build.
          1590 We discover Espionnage (LaFayette nous voilà), now researching the corporation. I hope the Gits are pleased too We found the city of Mar del Plata, rich of 4 specials.
          1600-10 –20 Nothings significant. Ironclad patrols, traders trade and so on ...
          1630 We discover the Corporation. Feudalism is next, out of a bad choice. We might trade it with the Spanish who must have it, since they’ve just started building STWA. Trade is beginning to pay off a bit, but SKJ II is still so unhappy that he cries himself to death (if this sentence doesn’t mean anything in english don’t worry, it is not better in french) and now someone else must step in to save the country, who was as this log tells you left to itself during this reign.
          Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

• Quite, frankly, I didn’t do anything, except building marketplaces and caravans. Land can still be improved near our capital and a few engineers should get there. A reign which everyone should soon forget. But we’re faring well, I think.
            Here is the saved game.
            Attached Files
            Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

• Sounds like all is peaceful in the Mad land of Scouse!

Comment

• A Swiss leader in a peaceful world, isn't that a dream?
                Remember he discovered Espionage though...
                I told you this game is mad
                Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• STYOM: "Only if we mine the hill first."

But of course.

SG(2): "Provided everyone agrees to stick to the objectives the game play from 4000BC is different in many respects."

Huh? We had a plan? Oh, you're saying we should have a plan next time. Got it. It'll never fly…
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Its a womans perogative to change plans!!!

Comment

• The Spanish won't trade whilst they are Wonder Building, "All our great minds are busy ... ", but someone else might have it - and what are vet spies for anyway

SG[1]

Comment

• I hope to d/l the file tonight and to play tonight/tomorrow...

... and I want Democracy!

Comment

• If you build enough infrastructure to make Democracy viable - I'll make a fortune as a Fundamentalist

SG[1]

You did say, "What's wrong with Anarchy?", right?

Comment

• Originally posted by La Fayette
                            A Swiss leader in a peaceful world, isn't that a dream?
                            Remember he discovered Espionage though...
                            I told you this game is mad
                            I discoverded espionnage, but it was my predecessor who started looking for it.
                            Besides, as a neutral country, Switzerland was (and maybe still is) a spies' heaven

Comment

• Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                              If you build enough infrastructure to make Democracy viable - I'll make a fortune as a Fundamentalist

SG[1]

You did say, "What's wrong with Anarchy?", right?
                              I want a senate! I want to be a senator! I want direct popular vote!
                              No more Politburo, no more nobles, "viva la Republique", long live Mr. President! (scandal in senate "Niccolotergate" - the government falls!)
                              Anarchy....

Yeah, what's wrong with Anarchy? (apart from being kicked by the AI?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Julius Brenzaida

Besides, as a neutral country, Switzerland was (and maybe still is) a spies' heaven
                                This is exactly what I had in mind!

(La Fayette, with sunglasses, on duty somewhere between Genève and Basel)
                                Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Working...
                                X