No announcement yet.

The Mad 2.42 Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The research bonus is equal to the gold bonus whether a caravan is delivered to your city next door or half way around the world to an AI civ.

----------------

SG(2
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
      Regarding trade, I am unsure of whether there is any research bonus for caravans delivered to cities in the same civ. Can anyone enlighten me on that point?
      The answer is YES (same amount of beakers added in your research box as the amount of gold mentioned by the AI on delivery)
      Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• ...well, it seems the question was already answered (luckily same answer )
        Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Seeks some madness to perpetrate ...

1200 -- gives three techs to Mongols so as to reduce our beaker price and then extorts 75g; Vikings 25g ...
          1220 -- Chemistry choose Communism (I'm being shanghaied here by all the other old farts who prefer Commie over Fundy - but the tech path has been chosen - it really would be madness to change track now) Research at 4 turns - time to find my Oedo table ... 1260 or 1340 don't think I can manage 1260 let's look ...
          Beakers required for advance = 1184 with heroic measures 4 size 5 cities Xinning and an Ein in SH (more stops celbration) I can get 538 beakers - 1076 in two turns - 184 short can I get that much trade income? Not in one turn - DAMN! OK revolt set for 1340 - turn down science and lets crank out some money and good guys;

Note to SG(2) had you cranked up your science last turn we could have saved SH's research to contribute to commie and gained 4 turns. Yeah like any of us are that anally retentive - but it would have been nice

1240 -- 975 beakers needed;
          1260 -- 768 beakers needed; TightPassage, Silver, 64g; SuezsurScouse, Coal, 60g; Mercatia, Silver, 40g; 604 beakers now; Mongols 50g; Celts 200g;
          1280 -- 561 needed; RazeMeIfUDare, Oil, 34g; 527 needed
          1300 -- 313 needed; Aleppo, Hides, 38g; SilkyFish, Silk, 21g; Sarzana, Coal, 44g; StrayBow, Coal, 47g; Porte yerMa, Silk, 18g; Kabul, Silver, 87g; Kashgar, Hides, 36g; 22 needed; Science to zero
          1320 -- 22 needed; Food to SH; no other deliveries this turn;
          1340 -- Communism select Explosives; Communism established; SH now 18; StickyMouse, Beads, 86g; Sad king Julius, Coal, 58g; Utica, Silk, 16g; Panama Hatt, Food;
          1360 -- SH now 19; Silk, PaxSTYOMnia, 13g; Hides, Two Specials, 20g; Dye, Darwin's Canal, 23g; Dye, SuezsurScouse, 19g; War with Spain; 50g from Mongols;
          1380 -- Explosives choose Economics; Leo's does the Engineer thing; Vet Clads start the softening up of Madrid prior to a large scale invasion - fun for one of our successors
          1400 -- Food from Mercatia; Coal, Persepolis, 72g; Silk, RazeMeIfUDare, 28g;

Sorry - took my eye off the ball and lost celebration in SH for a turn - Economics will now arrive in 1440 - SH (now size 20) is beginning to stockpile food caravans for Wonder building. Once a city has three routes with SH it is time to think longer term and consider building laundrettes of one description or another - once you have three decent routes a Marketplace will normally be sufficient for celebration - don't forget to build a StockExchange in SH - this is just getting to the exciting bit - Oh and conquer Spain before lunch

It is worth considering taking fewer than 10 turns now - just do as many as you feel happy with - good luck and keep up the madness (what did I do that was mad? I'm an ICSer and I didn't found a single city - now that is mad!)

SG[1]

Comment

• I guess the game would be good -
            Attached Files

Comment

• My turn for a question...

Hopefully, this isn't a stupid question...

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
              1240 -- 975 beakers needed;
              1260 -- 768 beakers needed;
              SG[1]
              How do you know this? I know, must be charts for beaker requirements per tech #. But you can't be counting the beakers you already have on the screen... are you? What's the trick?

STYOM
              "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
              "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

• F5 gives you total taxes and beakers generated… you may now exclaim "D'oh!" and slap yourself on the forehead.
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Hey...

Originally posted by Straybow
                  F5 gives you total taxes and beakers generated… you may now exclaim "D'oh!" and slap yourself on the forehead.
                  I SAID, hopefully, this isn't a stupid question. Evidently that hope has been dashed

Thanks
                  "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                  "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

• To find the number of beakers required for any tech - first clear any eins - then set science to 0% and read off the number of turns as total number of beakers required for science.

Both of us well .. very well slurp....

Comment

• ... seems that our kingdom is still ahead of the Deity AI...
                      Let's try to post a mini map, just to let anyone understand who we are!
                      [IMG]C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\Our Scouse Map.bmp[/IMG]

... ... I wonder if what I'm doing is correct

(I have to post to see what I'm doing!)
                      googol... this is a number!
                      "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
                      "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

• Call me PC Genius!

Dah ha ha ha mhuwahahahah!
                        Now I can call myself a true PC Master! And with the super science, yet to be discovered, Messer Niccolò goes mad and want to land on AC .
                        Julius I'm with you, let's show to these mud-eater earthling that who will reach the stars will be remembered forever!

Comment

• OK ya all I downloaded and will try to have it posted by morning.

Comment

• After 100 years 're-education' in RazeMeIfUDare a much chastened SG returns to the PolitBuro to apologise for serving the People so badly during his reign. Of course he should have inspected his Oedo table before selecting Communism and elected to research Economics (Explosives was not offered) and then both Economics and Communism could have been discovered in the same 120 year (6 turn) window. Of course he should have furthered the People's Just War against the Evil Spanish more fervently. Of course he should have founded at least another dozen cities and followed the StrayBow Master Plan to join all possible water ways into a single Scouse Entity (especially including the mountain top city ). Of course all cities of the Scouse People's Oligarchic Democracy should have been joined by railroad and all trade bonusses suitable enhanced.

For these and other gross failures the SG was banished for 500 years ...

Good luck, Mercatia, may SPOD prosper under your tutelage

SG[1]

Comment

• ... and Messer Niccolò - you need to either publish the picture on a web site of your own and then refer to it using the [ img ] tag or, perhaps more simply, attach the picture as you might a save game - although I suspect it might be too large for this.

SG[1]

p.s. [in edit] yes, AC is looking a serious prospect

Comment

• Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                                ... and Messer Niccolò - you need to either publish the picture on a web site of your own and then refer to it using the [ img ] tag or, perhaps more simply, attach the picture as you might a save game - although I suspect it might be too large for this.

SG[1]

p.s. [in edit] yes, AC is looking a serious prospect
                                Gee, ... it worked from home (of course the net was "fishing" in my PC)...
                                I've eaten my Super-Senior-PC-Degree...
                                Maybe I'll try again later...

Comment

Working...
                                X