WHO conquered them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHO conquered them?

I have been playing a slogro game with the barbarian wrath setting. this is interesting because barbs show up every now and then and almost nobody is equipped to deal with them. Every few turns some civ gets destroyed and its color reappears.

anyway, I got these two popups in a row one turn:

"Zulu civilization destroyed by Spanish"

and

"Zulu civilization destroyed by Barbarians"

so... who destroyed the Zulus, anyway?
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Yup. Always happens to me.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

don't you get the same thing when using the cheat-option to wipe out a civ??

Shade
      ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
      shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Yup, a bug. There are quite a few of these still in v 2.78. See the thread Mongols land AC, I win por another example

(Nice way I found to inter-link two threads)

Comment

I've seen this many times. It happens when the civ that gets destroyed has no cities. In your case, the Zulu settler(s) got killed by the barbarous Spaniards before they could settle. It sounds like they got placed adjacent to a spanish unit.

Does anybody know if this also happens if the restart civ settles, but then has their city captured before any unit is built to defend?
          The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
          intelligence to few.

Comment

The wrath of the barbarians - there is no mercy.

Comment

Actually, this bug is is of a higher order than the regular bug. The rumor you get "Zulus destroyed by ..." the first time may be based on their last or only city falling. The second one then would be the more traditional killing of the last settler. Settlers won't settle whan shadowed by units, while the program seems to report death when the civ has no cities and no settlers that can settle. For a civ to be officially dead, i.e., off the power graph, the last settler must also be gone from the map.

unofficially dead settler
              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I think this "... destroyed by Barbarians" always appears when there are still (NON) units walking around after the last city is destroyed. When the game engine finds out a civ has no more cities, but still units, it wipes out the last traces of the civ. That causes this message to appear.
                It isn´t necessarily related to the initial settlers, I think.
                It also happens in ToT.
                Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq
                  Does anybody know if this also happens if the restart civ settles, but then has their city captured before any unit is built to defend?
                  I think so.

Comment

Working...
                  X