No announcement yet.

Editing Units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You must save as a non-interlaced 87a GIF. You can choose the right format in the save dialog.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Thanks, Mercator...that did the trick!
      "Veni, vidi, vici."

Translation: "I came, I saw, I conquered." Written by Caesar, in a report to Rome in 47 B.C. after conquering Farnakes at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days.

Comment

BTW

If you look at the scenario forum, there is a lot of advice on how to convert photographs to game icons. They also post quite a few examples that can be "borrowed".

RJM at Sleeper's
        Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Help!

I've been playing around with editing units, cities, etc. for the past couple of days...everything was peachy until this...now my units and cities have a grey bowtie shaped thingy around them...it looks like the triangle shape from the units.gif file. Any idea what I did to cause this?

"Veni, vidi, vici."

Translation: "I came, I saw, I conquered." Written by Caesar, in a report to Rome in 47 B.C. after conquering Farnakes at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days.

Comment

Re: Help!

Originally posted by Caesar the Glutton
            I've been playing around with editing units, cities, etc. for the past couple of days...everything was peachy until this...now my units and cities have a grey bowtie shaped thingy around them...it looks like the triangle shape from the units.gif file. Any idea what I did to cause this?

When you cut and paste, you sometimes get a fringe in the background colour. (There are some tips in the scenario section on eliminating this.) If this is a colour that isn't in the pallete I suppose it could turn grey. Any way, it sounds as if there is something in you units.gif that the game thinks is part of the icon, but you can't see very well in your image editing program.

My suggestion is

a) edit your icons with a white background to try to avoid any stray pixels.

b) completely eliminate the icon you are replacing by pasting a blank shape over it. (It's worth having one around.)

c) then paste your new icon in position.

If it still gets the grey bow tie, it may be worth checking for inconsistency between the source and destination pallete. After that, if you still have a problem you will need to post in the scenario forum.

RJM at Sleeper's
            Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Working...
            X