Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rjmatsleepers
    replied
    I play Civ on a year old, low spec lap top. The machine (a Packard Bell I go 4000) is pants; it runs Windows XP which I don't like at all, but I have no problems running Civ.

(Now if only I could persuade it to run Forgotten Realms )

RJM at Sleeper's

Leave a comment:

• ljcvetko
    replied
    Any computer will do just fine with civ 2

That's the beauty of the game.

Windows XP is no problem either.

Leave a comment:

• Scouse Gits
    replied
    My desktop is a K6 800MHz, laptop PIII 800 - both run Civ without problem -- the fun will come at Christmas when I upgrade ...

Stu

Leave a comment:

• duke o' york
    replied
    I've got a boring techie question, and since this is a boring techie thread (sorry Narz), then I've decided to post it here, despite the fact it is irrelevant and potentially a threadjack.

I'm looking to get a laptop at Christmas (probably in the sales), so that should make my SXN playing more reliable.
    But whatever I buy has to be able to play MGE so what should I look for. I know Civ 2 is an old game and most computers these days ought to be able to handle it easily, but I don't want it to slow down terribly once there are a hundred cities on the map. If anyone plays Civ 2 on a laptop already then please tell me what it is, and whether you'd recommend it. All help gratefully appreciated.

PS - I am definitely going to get as mouse for it so don't worry about the lack of number keypad or my having to use the scroller pad/ball.

Leave a comment:

• ljcvetko
    replied
    You need to install Intel Indeo Codec.

It is a required component for civ 2 video.

Leave a comment:

• rjmatsleepers
    replied
    Originally posted by Scouse Gits
    I fear this is a new one to me - I assume you have done the normal things...
    Taken off all running processes before installation
    Got the very latest Indeo and WinG drivers
    etc...

Stu
    And the other "normal" thing - do a web search on MSVFW32.DLL to see if it has caused problems in other contexts or an updated version is available. (It may simply have become corrupted somehow - it does happen )

RJM at Sleeper's

Leave a comment:

• Scouse Gits
    replied
    I fear this is a new one to me - I assume you have done the normal things...
    Taken off all running processes before installation
    Got the very latest Indeo and WinG drivers
    etc...

Stu

Leave a comment:

• Narz
    started a topic Help! Error in MSVFW32.DLL!

Help! Error in MSVFW32.DLL!

Just installed Civ II MP Gold on my PC. I have Widnows ME (Millenium Edition) installed on my Dell Inspiron laptop computer. I get this error messege :
    "Civ 2 has caused an error in MSVFW32.DLL
    Civ 2 will now close"

Any ideas you have to solve the problem would be great. Reply here or e-mail me @ tony@narzwarz.com.

Thanks a million!

- Narz
Working...
X