Help! Error in MSVFW32.DLL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Error in MSVFW32.DLL!

Just installed Civ II MP Gold on my PC. I have Widnows ME (Millenium Edition) installed on my Dell Inspiron laptop computer. I get this error messege :
    "Civ 2 has caused an error in MSVFW32.DLL
    Civ 2 will now close"

Any ideas you have to solve the problem would be great. Reply here or e-mail me @ tony@narzwarz.com.

Thanks a million!

- Narz
    Shop Amazon thru my Searchbox, thanks! Narz's Chess Page

I fear this is a new one to me - I assume you have done the normal things...
    Taken off all running processes before installation
    Got the very latest Indeo and WinG drivers
    etc...

Stu
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
      I fear this is a new one to me - I assume you have done the normal things...
      Taken off all running processes before installation
      Got the very latest Indeo and WinG drivers
      etc...

Stu
      And the other "normal" thing - do a web search on MSVFW32.DLL to see if it has caused problems in other contexts or an updated version is available. (It may simply have become corrupted somehow - it does happen )

RJM at Sleeper's
      Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

You need to install Intel Indeo Codec.

It is a required component for civ 2 video.

Comment

I've got a boring techie question, and since this is a boring techie thread (sorry Narz), then I've decided to post it here, despite the fact it is irrelevant and potentially a threadjack.

I'm looking to get a laptop at Christmas (probably in the sales), so that should make my SXN playing more reliable.
          But whatever I buy has to be able to play MGE so what should I look for. I know Civ 2 is an old game and most computers these days ought to be able to handle it easily, but I don't want it to slow down terribly once there are a hundred cities on the map. If anyone plays Civ 2 on a laptop already then please tell me what it is, and whether you'd recommend it. All help gratefully appreciated.

PS - I am definitely going to get as mouse for it so don't worry about the lack of number keypad or my having to use the scroller pad/ball.

Comment

My desktop is a K6 800MHz, laptop PIII 800 - both run Civ without problem -- the fun will come at Christmas when I upgrade ...

Stu
            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Any computer will do just fine with civ 2

That's the beauty of the game.

Windows XP is no problem either.

Comment

I play Civ on a year old, low spec lap top. The machine (a Packard Bell I go 4000) is pants; it runs Windows XP which I don't like at all, but I have no problems running Civ.

(Now if only I could persuade it to run Forgotten Realms )

RJM at Sleeper's
                Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Working...
                X