Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing the permanent characteristics of terrain squares.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the permanent characteristics of terrain squares.

How do I change the permanent properties of terrain squares? For instance, how can I change the science output of an unimproved square of grassland from 0 to 6? Thanks in advance.

IIRC, you can change terrain values in a file called rules.txtm

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Look in rules.txt as noted, but you can't change the science value of a square, only the food/production/trade values.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Science depends upon the position of the sliders, not on anything directly from the terrain. Terrain will give you trade arrows per turn, but it is up to you to decide how they are allocated. I think this is what anon meant, he/she just said science instead of trade.

Comment

Thank you for your replies.

Yes, I meant trade arrows on each square.

One more question: What's the 'specified value' range I should work within without worrying about screwing up the game?

Comment

No limits that I'm aware of. Some scenarios will set the values of a particular terrain to ridiculously high numbers and only use them for a few specific locations - e.g. a one-square island city used to represent a foreign country.
            The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
            intelligence to few.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous24
              One more question: What's the 'specified value' range I should work within without worrying about screwing up the game?
              I believe, that the highest you can make a square is 42, but don't trust me on that. If you change the value using the in-game editor, it will tell you.
              Vote Democrat
              Support Democracy

Comment

Working...
              X