Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloodlust?

Here's a dumb question.

Does the 'Bloodlust' flag have any apparent effect on AI strategy? Make them more aggressive, for instance?

I seldom play with the option set... but my cynical side still expects the AI to steal Space Flight/Plastics/SuperConductor automatically in 'Bloodlust', for all the good that'd do.
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

No, actually it's a good question.

But when playing bloodlust, the game should never get to the point where those techs are available...
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
      No, actually it's a good question.

But when playing bloodlust, the game should never get to the point where those techs are available...
      Ahhh, usually I'd agree. But ToT gigamaps seem to be another story for me. If I don't work hard on exploring or getting MPE, early conquest is near impossible.

And besides... even if the answer serves no practical purpose, I suppose any question that hasn't already been answered in Civ2 is a good one.

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Let's put it to the test.

See the other thread, O sole Mio...
        Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man

And besides... even if the answer serves no practical purpose, I suppose any question that hasn't already been answered in Civ2 is a good one.
          That's why I said it was a good question...
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I would guess not.
            Extra programming.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm trying to think that last game where I was in that situation (about six month ago I reckon.) -- The ending turns saw all the countires of the world in Fundy -- where Carthage was about three times my size & we both had all of the interesting techs (Manhatten wasn't constructed except for the points near the very end.) -- Howies ruled, & stealth didn't have sufficient punch vs the vet jeeps running around.
              Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

If you start building a space craft, they come after you anyway, so I don't see any difference.

And it's time's like that where I'm happy they're lucky to have muskets.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit

That's why I said it was a good question...
                  Sorry, didn't mean to sound argumentative. I was just musing that I've seen almost all other questions asked and answered here, already.

Normally I don't play bloodlust, but I'm getting tired of having to go capital-city-hunting in the late stages of conquest games.

And I suspect rah is right... lazy programmers!!

Comment

But, everyone claims the MGE version has a more aggressive AI, so maybe there is a bloodlust flag that they just leave on in MGE.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I've often wondered about that...

Comment

I'm not entirely certain that the AI are more agressive in MGE - I reckon that it depends upon conditions of play more often than not - butMGE certainly throws more barbs at you on Raging Hordes than either Classic or the PS version.

PS - Nice plug OnS .

Comment

Diplomacy (i.e. raping the AI demanding tribute) is more difficult in MGE.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

rah - not more difficult, just different. The AI in MGE will declare war rather than cough up tribute sometimes, but then they'll pay everything they own for peace a turn or two later. Same net results, in my experience.

Comment

Not quite. Using Oedo years, I used to drop out of Democracy every now and then, (whenever AI treasuries got fat) and demand and get it.
                              In MGE they'd declare war and then at the next contact point (you'd be back in democracy) your senate would go behind your back and accept the peace treaty denying you the tribute.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X