Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zedd
    replied
    While i was attacked often by barbs I have rarely lost a city to them, most of those cities were taken from AI civs.

I found it interesting that barbs had conqured more cities than one AI had in its entire civ.

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    That's different. And I used to do that in SP, but in an MP game sometimes it's not the smartest thing to do. The only way to protect it is to have it in your territory instead of on the fringe, so if someone slips in a dip and bribes it, they could get a standing enemy army near your core.

Leave a comment:

• Elephant
    replied
    Try it some time; it becomes a "farm" where you can buy NONE units if you hover a Dip nearby.

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    Originally posted by Zedd
    Barbs on the other hand make it a point to take over as many of your cities as they can, I had one game where there were more barb cities than one of the smaller civs.
    It's a rare event when I lose a city to barbs.

Leave a comment:

• Zedd
    replied
    I have MGE and initially often selected blood lust as an option, the only difference I have noticed is the techs and wonders that the AI go for, as well as more agressive Barbs. The AI Civs still function normally but given the choice of Sun Tzu's acadamy or Mikes they will choose the war acadamy.

Barbs on the other hand make it a point to take over as many of your cities as they can, I had one game where there were more barb cities than one of the smaller civs.

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    Not quite. Using Oedo years, I used to drop out of Democracy every now and then, (whenever AI treasuries got fat) and demand and get it.
    In MGE they'd declare war and then at the next contact point (you'd be back in democracy) your senate would go behind your back and accept the peace treaty denying you the tribute.

Leave a comment:

• DaveV
    replied
    rah - not more difficult, just different. The AI in MGE will declare war rather than cough up tribute sometimes, but then they'll pay everything they own for peace a turn or two later. Same net results, in my experience.

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    Diplomacy (i.e. raping the AI demanding tribute) is more difficult in MGE.

Leave a comment:

• duke o' york
    replied
    I'm not entirely certain that the AI are more agressive in MGE - I reckon that it depends upon conditions of play more often than not - butMGE certainly throws more barbs at you on Raging Hordes than either Classic or the PS version.

PS - Nice plug OnS .

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    I've often wondered about that...

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    But, everyone claims the MGE version has a more aggressive AI, so maybe there is a bloodlust flag that they just leave on in MGE.

Leave a comment:

• Six Thousand Year Old Man
    replied
    Originally posted by -Jrabbit

That's why I said it was a good question...
    Sorry, didn't mean to sound argumentative. I was just musing that I've seen almost all other questions asked and answered here, already.

Normally I don't play bloodlust, but I'm getting tired of having to go capital-city-hunting in the late stages of conquest games.

And I suspect rah is right... lazy programmers!!

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    If you start building a space craft, they come after you anyway, so I don't see any difference.

And it's time's like that where I'm happy they're lucky to have muskets.

Leave a comment:

• Old n Slow
    replied
    I'm trying to think that last game where I was in that situation (about six month ago I reckon.) -- The ending turns saw all the countires of the world in Fundy -- where Carthage was about three times my size & we both had all of the interesting techs (Manhatten wasn't constructed except for the points near the very end.) -- Howies ruled, & stealth didn't have sufficient punch vs the vet jeeps running around.

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    I would guess not.
    Extra programming.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X