Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name your favorite scenarios

Cuz I want to play them.

Seriously, Civ3 and MOO3 were a bust, I don't like RTS's, and if you've played one 1st PS you've played them all. I seem to always come back to civ2. The game itself wears quickly; but scenarios can be great! I need more and better!
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

1) If you wish to compare your own achievements with others, the best 2 scenarios are the 'vanilla' ww2 (especially playing one of the smaller civs and the Rome scenario (14 existing records to beat : 7 with huts + 7 without huts).
    I can give you any detailed information you may wish to have, either about current records or about efficient strategies.

2) If you wish to have fun playing really good scenarios from the community, you may try:
    Imperium Romanum or Seeds of Greatness
    (there are many others, of course, but I have played those 2 recently, after many many others, and found them really thrilling and challenging to play)

3) Contrary to some players who dislike the CiC and FW scenarios, I really enjoyed most of them (and there are also nice records beaten by samson, Xin Yu or SlowThinker in the CiC series)
    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Thanks. I was beginning to wonder if anyone would help.
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

If you have the time try red front, its amazing :d

Comment

now how many times have I seen this thread during the last YEAR?
          My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Originally posted by atawa
            If you have the time try red front, its amazing :d
            I would if I could find it. I didn't see it at civfanatics.

Ande, I was here about 3 days of the last year, mostly OT.

Comment

Try all scenarios available at the Spanish Civ2 Site (the "bestonet" section). Red Front is there too.

And then of course Favoured Flight's Lord of the Rings scenarios (under play > mod packs).

Contrary to some players who dislike the CiC and FW scenarios, I really enjoyed most of them

But I guess that's because you simply play them for a challenging game of civ2, and don't necessarily look for good historical accuracy or so.
              I mean, the standard WWII scenario is about as bad as a WWII scenario can get, but that doesn't make it any less of a challenging fun game (especially if you find ways to make thing harder for yourself), and ignore that it's supposed to be WWII you're playing.
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
                Try all scenarios available at the Spanish Civ2 Site (the "bestonet" section). Red Front is there too.
                Got it!

And then of course Favoured Flight's Lord of the Rings scenarios (under play > mod packs).
                I already have those. That's what kindled my interest for more.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                  Ande, I was here about 3 days of the last year, mostly OT.
                  ok then, here's a link to one of them. it was in the Civ2 Strategy section.
                  My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator

But I guess that's because you simply play them for a challenging game of civ2, and don't necessarily look for good historical accuracy or so.
                    I mean, the standard WWII scenario is about as bad as a WWII scenario can get, but that doesn't make it any less of a challenging fun game (especially if you find ways to make thing harder for yourself), and ignore that it's supposed to be WWII you're playing.
                    I like a scenario that is challenging without forcing me to learn an entirely new game. I mean... a lot of Civ gameplay is based on knowing what units work well against walled defenders, what forms of terrain are best to build on, what techs are the most crucial, etc, etc. If all the things I know about vanilla Civ are changed in a scenario, I probably won't bothered to learn to play it.
                    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

I liked the vanilla WWII scenario included. It would have been nice though if the the germans and allies wouldn't make an alliance within the first few turns when you're playing one of the smaller powers.

But besides little things like that, it plays quite realistic.

RAH
                      But it was entertaining, and I do agree that it was nice not to have to learn a lot of new things about civ to play it.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

..bah..2194 Days of War is much better.Although I will admit to playing that "scenario" many,many times.

I second RF and Imperium Romanum but both tend to get tedious in latter stages.

Up the Deadly Boot
                        Sparticus
                        Midgaard

You could be playing good scenarios for years.There are too many to list.It kinda depends on your favorite subject matter.Like there are lots of WW2 scenarios.

BTW CivFanatics does have RF.In fact if there is a good scenario that CF doesn't have,then send it in to Thunderfall
                        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

If it wasn't for MP, I probably would have had more interest in scenarios. Playing against human players has always seemed more interesting.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

hehehe..the reason it seemed more interesting is because it is

Scenarios are great also though.Its takes abit to get "into them" but once you do,hours roll away.Almost every decent scenario does stuff to make the game much harder than the standard game.This is a good thing.They also can be quite educational about historic events.I kinda like this.I would have been a straight A history student if I could have played civ when I was in school...course that was before electricity...
                            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Theben, you should make a copy of this thread in the Scenario League forum, I'm sure designers would love to share their own personal favorites with you

Comment

Working...
                              X