Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The endgame.

1878: It's still our turn... and I spend it messing up our shipchains

Odd... I could swear that I was following SG[1]... and yet, there are tons of white goods in production, many if not most are not being rushed, and we are actually building SETI, which should be totally unnecessary.

I'm bored trying to find the bleedin' French... let's make peace and get some kind of map, shall we?
    French tell us to get lost. Guess they've heard that one before.

Advanced Tribe Hogtown

French Destroyer attacks us fruitlessly.

1879: Still hunting for French cities. Milan located, and Cruiser destroys its defender.
    Battleship sinks French Destroyer.
    Melville founded.
    French keep telling us to get lost. We are 1 turn away from Space Flight; perhaps it'd be easier to hold the fort for 2 turns and then look at the map.

French move their capital to Besancon

1880: Space Flight discovered; researching Espionage.
    Apollo Program rushed in Paris.

Stupidly realized we can't build Spies and Espionage is worthless D'oh!'

1881: Apollo Program in Paris.
    St-Etienne captured, 48 g. Milan captured, 15 g.
    French are down to 8 cities. Those 2, I knew about... let's go to the map and see where the other 8 are

Ahh, due west of Persepolis at the bottom of the map. Luckily we have 3 loaded Transports in the Persepolis vicinity

Now that we know where the French are, numerous units that will be too far away to be of use, are disbanded. Others are rushed in the former Persian cities.

1882: Much things are built. Hastily constructed task force (Carrier, 2 Bombers, 3 loaded transports) steams towards New France. (I really am impressed by the AI building 8 linked cities halfway around the world from their core lands, on a gigamap. That almost never happens.)

For scoring purposes, we rush SETI in Karakorum.

1883: SETI Program in Karakorum. Rush Isaac Newton.
    French hold a revolution.

1884: Isaac Newton's College in Karakorum.

French learn Chivalry French form Republic

1885: Espionage discovered Researching Combined Arms.

The French haven't properly railroaded their cities

Lisbon captured, 25 g.
    We refuse to make peace with the French.

1886: Combined Arms discovered; researching Atomic Theory.
    Besancon captured, 47 g. Cunaxa captured, 24 g. Avignon captured, 50 g.

1887: Atomic Theory discovered; researching Nuclear Fission.
    Ghent captured, 26 g. Turin captured, 55 g. Bergen captured, 7 g.

1888: Hamburg captured, 46 g. French eliminated. Mongols rule the world! With the exception of 3 size 3 cities, celebrations reign in all Mongol lands

Thanks for the game, SG[1]! 'Twas challenging to the end (I twice had to stop myself from building Paratroops, and you saw my error in choosing Espionage )
    Attached Files
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

• ... and rereading my log, you can also tell that I played the first 2 turns before I found out why SETI was in production Talk about challenged!
      "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

• Well, played STYOM
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• STYOM's words are backed by empty French cities.
          Great
          Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Yes, well played all.
            And the basic rules were great : simple but challenging enough
            A special mention to SG(1) for the holy war economy.
            I didn't see the point at the moment as we were already overwhelmingly rich, but it was indeed about getting spaceflight and Apollo
            So the painful micromanaging was worth it
            Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

• Well done, lads. Nice coup de grace, STYOM.

And thanks to our benificent host, SG[1].
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Agreed -- a lot of fun, good job all.
                Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

• Originally posted by Julius Brenzaida
                  Yes, well played all.
                  And the basic rules were great : simple but challenging enough
                  A special mention to SG(1) for the holy war economy.
                  I didn't see the point at the moment as we were already overwhelmingly rich, but it was indeed about getting spaceflight and Apollo
                  So the painful micromanaging was worth it
                  Julius,

My thoughts as well. Smiling about the image of that ancient horseman of the steppe--with a sat-phone wired to a GPS locator in his saddle bags pointing the Hoard to the last of the infidels.

Great game guys

Monk
                  ps: Dear Julius, you do know I hope that you don't have to clean those rooms more than once. Surely there are others who can relieve you.
                  so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

• Originally posted by Bloody Monk
                    My thoughts as well. Smiling about the image of that ancient horseman of the steppe--with a sat-phone wired to a GPS locator in his saddle bags pointing the Hoard to the last of the infidels.

ps: Dear Julius, you do know I hope that you don't have to clean those rooms more than once. Surely there are others who can relieve you.
                    We knew that using cellular phones while walking was disgraceful, using them driving dangerous and forbidden
                    What about while mounting a horse

As for those rooms, looks like they get dirty all the times
                    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Working...
                    X