Two civ2 unit animations - just for show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two civ2 unit animations - just for show

Years ago, probably back in 97, I animated two of the units found in civ's first expansion pack. (the one with that alien scenario!)

I came across it just now and thought I should share it on the internet.

Took me 2 programs to convert it from fli to gif. typical!
    be free

Attached Files
    be free

Comment

Attached Files
      be free

Comment

Coooooooool.

Except, will the game recognize them if inserted into a units.* file? I thought only ToT could do that, and then only as a .spr file which was the devil herself to modify?
        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

I played with this a bit because it could turn out to be really cool, I made an animated units.gif file, where all that happened was the mech infantry mirrored itself, and when I tried it out, the game hangs. I'm running mge with the latest patch, 2.4.2 i believe it is.

Comment

Sn00py, you uploaded the same animation twice.

And no, animations are not possible in Civ2 (except ToT sprite files, as STYOM said)...

Sn00py's animations are nothing more than eye candy (not that there's anything wrong with that ).
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Something that could be done with the source code?
              April City Planner in the 3rd Civ2 Democracy Game
              Read Sluggy Freelance! Watch Homestar Runner! Papa Smurf is a Communist!

Comment

Working...
              X