No announcement yet.

2.42 download?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the record the earliest conquest I recall on these boards was Dr Fell's outstanding Ellie based conquest in c 1500BC with respawning Civs!!! this entailed taking out every AI on the same turn!!!!

SG[1]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

2.4.2 sucks... really,it sucks... BUT use it if you want it...

BUT it is YOU earlier version is 2.4.1??

Comment

ottok - if i understand you correctly, stealthlover quotes 1.0? in his first post IIRC my civ2 disk came with 1.08c. but I have heard of people with 1.03 - I guess he probably had one of those - and they are so horribly bug ridden to make them virtually unplayable.

What is your problem with 2.42 ?

OK it is SP, and the AI could be stronger, but it is pretty much bug free - or at least we all know the bugs that are there...

SG[1]
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Yeah anyone that played civ2 out of the box knows that it pretty much sucked. It was still potentially a great game of course, but hard to tell through all the frustration.

Comment

The version I had said 1.0 and I loved it. I never even noticed the problem with the frozen heralds until I read about it on these forums. Afterwards I got ToT which caused me to have to alter my cruise missle paratrooper tactic. When the cruise missle was dropped to an 18 it went clank against a city with sam and sdi. I also got AC, call to power, civ3 but never enjoyed them as much as civ2.

Comment

2.81.71 vs 2.4.2

Comment

Uh, just a simple question, is patch #2.42 actually the latest official patch for good old classic Civ2?
                "Pointless Sig Quote"

Comment

Yes.

After that the scenario add-ons ("Conflicts in Civilization", and "Fantastic Worlds") hit the stores.
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Excellent.

One more thing, though- is it possible to get a name change around here? "TheWizard" seems rather passé...
                    "Pointless Sig Quote"

Comment

C'mon, be a man...

I just got the gold edition, version 5. something, but I read the AI are much more aggressive there. I had a much harder time making peace with them than samson did. I want to try it with v 2.42. Any ideas?
                      Just play MGE -- Civ2 has evolved, and believe me, while the AI is more surly, it certainly isn't any smarter!

(You may want to check for a current version patch for this one, too.)
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by MerlinTheWizard
                        Excellent.

One more thing, though- is it possible to get a name change around here? "TheWizard" seems rather passé...
                        PM Ming and he'll change it.

Comment

Send Ming a "donation to a charity of his choice" and he may allow you to get your name changed.
                          Your words may be backed with nuclear weapons, but bribery is still the best choice.

Comment

Thanks fellas (and Ming)

I'm now running 2.42 and the rather spiffy HiRes mod pack.

*Merlin goes Civ'ing.
                            "Pointless Sig Quote"

Comment

threatining a mod with nukes=BAAAAAAAAD idea
                              bridery=go for it
                              ffffffffffffffffffff

Comment

Working...
                              X