Discussion on the index

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion on the index

I've been working on the Index of our great nation the last couple of days, and its gotten quite large.

Since it makes it much easier on me if no discussion takes place within the Index itself, we need a thread to discuss the contents of the Index, the Index itself and what should else should be added.

Navigating the Index
    -Is the Index easy to browse?

Contents of the Index
    -Did I get all the guidelines right?
    -I discovered that in the info compiled by MWIA that I used to add the guidelines that term limits were 4 terms, I thought it was only 3
    -A glaring hole in the guidelines IMO, is the rules on impeachment.
    Last time we had to do it, we had the VP post the poll
    No time limit was set on the poll, I think he forgot
    I think we decided on impeachment needing 2/3 of the vote to succeed, but I can't be sure.

additions
    we've already got the history, the cabinet holders by month, the guidelines and members in the index, is there anything else we should/could add?

The Apolytonia of old had a flag, do we wish to adopt it as our own in this new nation, should we select a new one, or do we even need/want a flag?

previous discussion of the guidelines took place in this thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=1 you can also find teh old apolytonian flag at the bottom of the first post.

You have done wonderfully well.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Yes, I congrate you for some wonderful effort.
      Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Hmm...I was going to do that...good job nonetheless.

Well, I would like to point out that some of the rules have been changed via de facto policies. The original guidelines have not entirely been held to, but this isn't really a problem: they weren't designed to be a constitution.

Some input from people who have long been in the game might shed some light on changes that have occurred.
        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
        Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
        Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
        Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

MWIA had been updating those rules up until the start of our second game I thought.

What's changed?

Comment

A very usefull work !
            JCP
            Paris, FRANCE

Comment

while praise is great, i'd appreciate suggestions and discussion on what's not right so i can fix it

Comment

For instance, though this is just an example, naming of cities is generally allowed to be done by the president, but sometimes citizens want to choose the name. This is an instance of de facto change.

Another example is the long-standing debate over Imperial Expansion and City Planning. Some people seem to be confused as to who does what. At the same time, the Imperial expansion minister tends to just choose new city locations, while the city planner does both build queues and cultivation of terrain.

Besides that, there have been lots of polls which have clarified or changed cabinet duties which have not always been adhered to, or which have been adhered to once and then forgotten.

Of course, any of this could in itself be wrong, but this is from my experience what has gone on. It is sort of like Britain, rather than the United States: we use rules based on what is precedent, rather than what is written.

Comment

I don't think the Minister of Imperial Expansion is in charge of terrain-development. At least not around existing cities.
                  Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                  Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                  Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                  Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

According to the original rules (to my knowledge) he was supposed to be. However, as a matter of reality, he is not. But it is written in the index, and in MWIA's compilation, whether it is practised or not.

Comment

Good job If you get to Galway in the next 3 days I'll buy you a pint

Comment

Originally posted by atawa
                        If you get to Galway in the next 3 days I'll buy you a pint
                        Or a Guiness on Inishmór ?[IMG]C:\Mes documents\beer.bmp[/IMG]
                        JCP
                        Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Expansion minister is being changed as i type, i'm removing the terrain cultivation and adding exploration, which is shared with the minister of war.

Anyone got comments on Impeachment?

Term Limits: 3 or 4?

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                            Expansion minister is being changed as i type, i'm removing the terrain cultivation and adding exploration, which is shared with the minister of war.

Anyone got comments on Impeachment?

Term Limits: 3 or 4?
                            4, I have a question, dose that inculde the last Game? Because I was the last VP of the game.
                            Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Originally posted by JCP

Or a Guiness on Inishmór ?[IMG]C:\Mes documents\beer.bmp[/IMG]
                              I was there on thursday, mountenbiked around the island, got some pretty impressive ruins there

About the expansion minister in the index, IMHO it should be the job of the combined defence and foreign minister.

another thing,add infrastructure to the responcebility's of the EM.
                              Things like strategic placements of harbours and building a connecting roadsystem so we can send anything anywhere in 1 turn after RR.

Comment

Working...
                              X