No announcement yet.

Imperial Expansion Ministers Report 240AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work to bad i havent got any time to watch it all the time.
    TEIC

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: West

Originally posted by atawa

Point taken. I should have said on the grass then.

If I ever forget that again:

Mr President, please refrain from building any more city's on forrests unless its build on a bird

Case closed.
      Case opened , please refrain from critising presidents city placements when minister fails to advice otherwise.

Case closed.
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

when are you planning on playing again hydey?

Comment

The plan is good, but not perfect :
          - about Main island (east), OK for the road and the SE city, but wait exploring around before founding a city NW of Vigo (a better place ?) and delay a city at S of Capitol : the ground is narrow and even no whale !
          - always in main island (west), the two north spots are good for a city. About Pampelonne, I rarely build on forest, but I think that in such a situation, it is a good choice of our President. As him, I'm reluctant to build on grassland with a shield !
          - on Pole island, OK with the places near Bilbao, but what a strange idea to build on jungle (near grenade)! (unless transforming in grassland indeed !) . Last, D may be a good spot if exploration confirm it is an isthmus !

A good point with this thread : we again find our beloved Hydey (I want say the polemist, not the too serious president !)
          JCP
          Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: West

Originally posted by atawa
            Mr President, please refrain from building any more city's on forrests unless its build on a bird
            or do a little deforestation before building the city(even beter IMO)

Shade
            ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
            "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
            shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: West

Originally posted by Hydey

Case opened , please refrain from critising presidents city placements when minister fails to advice otherwise.

Case closed.
              Sorry for thinking the president knew what he is doing.........

Btw, lets duel sometimes, you pick settings

You opened the case again.........

Comment

Originally posted by JCP
                and delay a city at S of Capitol : the ground is narrow and even no whale !
                But it has seals, when we become a rep and build a harbour this city will give us a lot of trade

- always in main island (west), the two north spots are good for a city. About Pampelonne, I rarely build on forest, but I think that in such a situation, it is a good choice of our President. As him, I'm reluctant to build on grassland with a shield !
                I agree with that, but if build on grass, we could have a good size 3 city before we even reach size 2 as it is going now. Not to mention we loose a good spot for a production city further south.

- on Pole island, OK with the places near Bilbao, but what a strange idea to build on jungle (near grenade)! (unless transforming in grassland indeed !) . Last, D may be a good spot if exploration confirm it is an isthmus !
                Its tricky one I admit, but since its far from our cap and we're not even close to demo (no corruption) we might considder irrigating it and building a ciy with 4 specials.

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                  when are you planning on playing again hydey?
                  Today/ this arvo/ this evening or even tonight but hopefully this arvo while I have to be home for the plumber.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Or a 2nd settler can change the terrain to Plains... I can't tell you how often I forget we can change the city-square!
                    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Thats what I ment, irigating the jungle to grass.

We now have enough city's to start thinking about improving terrain.

Comment

I agree we should slow down on new cities until we can survive a change to Republic. It just gets harder when you have too many. Improving terrain would help.
                        Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I agree not to build more than 50 new cities this turn

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

When you terraform with settlers, it's very slow. In doing that, we would lose all those turns of production when we could have a new city up and growing, paying a shield-and-food per turn for that settler.

I don't like it.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                              When you terraform with settlers, it's very slow. In doing that, we would lose all those turns of production when we could have a new city up and growing, paying a shield-and-food per turn for that settler.

I don't like it.
                              even if it is the difference between a good-although-little-later 4-special city or an instant 2special city.???

Shade
                              ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                              "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                              shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Working...
                              X