Imperial Expansion Minister's Report 1AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imperial Expansion Minister's Report 1AD

On our first island there are 2 good citysites left.
    One with the whale and bird where our settler is heading, and a production city a bit south of there.

The north island has a coupl of good cityspots on it:

*Where the legion is located (rehome him when you build it)
    *One tile NW of the elephant
    *On the eastern tip, wuti 2 forrests and a fish.

The little island in the NE is perfect for a trading port.

I suggest we drop off the 2 settlers on the northern island and sail the tiremme back, picking up 2 more settlers and bringing them to the eastern tip an the little island.

The pole island has terrible corruption
    We should fill this island with production city's for the building of settlers, wonder caravans and units

Oh, and we should sail east and find our first victim of Ixnay37 and Cavebaer
    Yes :b:
    85.71%
    A bit but..... write in below
    14.29%
    Not realy :confused:
    0.00%
    Stop smoking banana peals :doitnow!:
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

I pic or 2 could help
    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

It makes sence to me as I can open up the save and look at the spots you recomend but for the general public you might want to post some maps of where you suggest the citites go.

Thankyou and carry on the good work
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

these will help

map of north and small islands
        Attached Files
        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Considering the screenshots your decision makes sense indeed. Especially I applaud the idea of creating units en masse. A full island capable of heavy producing is a good thing as we are a little bit behind concerning landunits and navy as far as I can see.
          Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

Nice to see you on the job, atawa.

We're set up well for the 2-continent trading strategy. This will fill our coffers and get us back into the tech race!

I suggest we plan additional city locations so King Hydey can properly deploy all those settlers we're producing.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Thanks Hydey, my computer doesnt even have paint so the only screenshot I can post are ones from other threads

The one cityspot at the legion is actualy right where the legion stands, this way we can use 2 forests.

I suggest we plan additional city locations so King Hydey can properly deploy all those settlers we're producing.
              This must sound strange comming from the Expansion minister but after we build 7 suggested city's on the core 3 islands we should use the settlers to improve land and make roads between all our city's.

We are close to trade so better to let our city's grow before sending caravans

I would also like to see some more exploration units and ships.

Scouts report there is an island further to the north, and there must be an inhabited island east, I suggest we save our settlers for more productive lands.

Comment

looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by atawa
                  Thanks Hydey, my computer doesnt even have paint so the only screenshot I can post are ones from other threads
                  I think that you can download that from microsoft.com If not let me know and I will send you a nice little Paint like program.
                  Wizards sixth rule:
                  "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                  Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

all looks well...I would just want to make 1 little note:
                    The tile next to the elephant gives a city with fish and wheat...but when you moveup 1 square (IIRC) then you get a city with 2 fish-tiles ...I just don't remember if the wheat would then be still in place for a decent cityradius...

Shade
                    Last edited by shade; September 13, 2002, 14:45.
                    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Hmm. I was going to agree unequivocallywith you there, atawa, but shade's idea has merit.

if we moved the N city one square up to get the two fish, we could build a city on the grassland pointed at (black arrow) in the below shot, we would have a decent city site. There would be overlaps of two shielded grass with the Nth city, and overlaps of two non-shielded and one shielded grass with the city near the Legion. I don;t think this is too bad, and we could assure at least the wheat, 2 Forest and 2 shielded grass for this middle city.

So, whaddaya reckon? If there is a better site not too far away then ignore this for the moment, but this is worht considering as it is close, and is a decent site.
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

This idiot forgot the attachment
                        Attached Files
                        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

The reason I planned it NW of the elephant is that this way we have the shield from wheat and once in rep and it's build up we can mine it to a silk for extra

We dont need to fill our islands with city's, IMO its a lot better to expand faster and claim as many islands as we can. Building city's where the specials are.

Comment

@atawa
                            If this was civ3 I'd agree with you but here the resources aren't needed for anything (at least I don't recall anything beside the resource boni?) - so it's not entirely nescessary to build cities where resources are. And on this map even an ordinary forest can be a special resource (because there aren't much shields on this map).

But you're right anyway. When building the city near the elephant in the field north of the red blob and the next one where Mrwhereitsat suggested, then we cuild build a thierd one on the northeast of the trireme and make it a production city.

(or is that discussion already over?)

Comment

Working...
                            X