No announcement yet.

Presidential election promises for september

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you tipped a hut that offered a city willing to join our empire, would you just say "yes" or would you consult with the Ministers first?
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
      If you tipped a hut that offered a city willing to join our empire, would you just say "yes" or would you consult with the Ministers first?
      isn't that hard to do? you can't exactly save the game and wait for a minister's response, it would mean im'ing any minister that you could find online and asking them for a snap decision.

Comment

You tipped my trap, H Tower! I wanted to see if the candidates would promise to do what they could not do. LOL!

Given that both candidates have some experience and talent, I wanted to see how they would react to my sugestion. Surely there is some difference between the two...

Guess I'll have to find another question...
        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

H Tower: Yes, I will keep logs of what happens during the game so that I can post a detailed turn history.

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
            will either of you post turn by turn descriptions of what happened during the game?
            oops sorry for laughing , I thought that was a given that both of us would do.

Yes I will post a log describing what happens with each turn I play.
            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

My game would not allow me to save the game at that point of time but as most cities in this case are positioned just away from the perfect spot (stupid AI) I would think a poll to see if we disdand the city and rebuild it would be in order. As this requires building a settler before growing to size 2 it would not require the game halted but a poll before the next session.

Hydey hopes you can understand his ramblings.
              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey

oops sorry for laughing , I thought that was a given that both of us would do.

Yes I will post a log describing what happens with each turn I play.
                what was once expected is now fantasy

Comment

My point was that you *can't* stop and ask. But I was sure that one or both of our candidates would promise to to what was not possible to do. Oh well.

Comment

Every candidate should face the challenge of the banana. It is entirely acceptable that the banana gets more votes and indicates that another candidate should be offerred.

Comment

My point was that you *can't* stop and ask. But I was sure that one or both of our candidates would promise to to what was not possible to do. Oh well.
                      [sheepish]next time i'll think about your traps before i post cavebear [/sheepish]

Comment

(friendly smile) You are not responsible for my traps, H Tower. You made a logical response, and I respect that. Actually, it's nice that you saw through it. I wish more people did.

Comment

If elected Foreign Minister again, I promise to maintain our spotless reputation in dealing with other civs.

...and any bananas that misbehave will be skinned alive and summarily eaten (unless overripe, in which case they will be used as fertilizer in our very successful irrigation program).
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                          X