No announcement yet.

Minister of WAR: First Military Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the hut is a archer i think (the sreenshot of melfort with the wrong start)
    He can defend the city then if its true
    TEIC

Comment

Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq

NO! Building the second city now reaps far greater benefits than saving the NON settler. It doubles our population, production base, and number of settlers we can turn out. Saving a wheatsheaf per turn is not as valuable as producing units, arrows, and beakers, IMHO.
      true, but................................. ARE YOU CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE NEED THAT SETTLER TO POT THE HUT, AND THEN IRRIGATING, MINE, AND BUILD ROADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHICH WILL GIVES EVEN MORE PRODUCING UNITS, ARROWS, AND POP.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Originally posted by teic
        In the hut is a archer i think (the sreenshot of melfort with the wrong start)
        He can defend the city then if its true
        i thought huts were random

Comment

Originally posted by 123john321

true, but................................. ARE YOU CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE NEED THAT SETTLER TO POT THE HUT, AND THEN IRRIGATING, MINE, AND BUILD ROADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHICH WILL GIVES EVEN MORE PRODUCING UNITS, ARROWS, AND POP.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Now Mr President, is that any way to behave for a man in your position

And I agree with the Marquis, we dont have to think about mining or irigation untill we reach monarchy

Comment

Originally posted by 123john321

No need for mines or irigation yet, we need more cities mighty leader lest our civ is doomed to fail.
            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower

i thought huts were random
              Yes they are random, we still may get an archer who can go and explore or go back to the city and get disbanded to build a settler before size 2 giving us a flying 3 city start.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey Yes they are random, we still may get an archer who can go and explore or go back to the city and get disbanded to build a settler before size 2 giving us a flying 3 city start.
                I doubt we may have so more than two NON settler at a time !
                I desagree with destruction of our city.
                At this stay and so near Melfort, The hut may give :
                - an archer : I think it is a good defensive and attacking unit for the first turns, so it has to be fortified in the city and let us the light warrior exploring.
                - an horseman (even a charriot ?) : he would be the best unit to explore the map !
                - monney
                - "scroll of wisdom" : if the advance is not on our path, it may do other discoveries longer !
                - rarely, a settler, to quickly found a new city with.
                (as we are in our city radius, no way for barbarians and, I think, for new peoples)

About the use of our second NON settler, perhaps the ministry of empire expansion may post a poll ?
                JCP
                Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Hydey is right. Irrigation and roads are a sinful waste of resources in early Despotism. Use our horsie to find a good spot and get another city founded.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

What? Roads are excelent any time, and with the low amount of grassland available, get at least one plains square irrigated!!!
                    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

I agree that roads are excellent. But this early in the game, productivity is driven by number of cities.

Taking hundreds of years to irrigate a square for +1 in the food box makes no sense vs. a "Build City" command on any half-decent site, which creates 2 new workers immediately.

As Ming is so fond of reminding me --
                      EXPAND EXPAND EXPAND
                      Last edited by -Jrabbit; August 9, 2002, 07:58.
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

OK for EXPAND !
                        and irrigation is nosense before monarchy.
                        But single roads between first cities may be usefull for expanding and defending with reinforcements against barbs.
                        On the other hand, a NON-settler is a precious unit to my mind !
                        JCP
                        Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Originally posted by JCP
                          ............On the other hand, a NON-settler is a precious unit to my mind !
                          And Yes it is.
                          Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

EXPAND

Comment

I like the maximum groweth strategy so building more cities would suit my fancy
                              Wizards sixth rule:
                              "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                              Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

We will get non settlers from huts , use the second settler to build a second city

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Working...
                                X