No announcement yet.

Science, Tax, Lux Rate: In the begining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no return for setting luxuries above 0% at this point. Leave that at zero, set science to 60%. Our first technology priority should be to get out of despotism!
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Comment

science ministers report being sent in now: maximize science while still making a profit with the tax rate, no luxuries.

and the tech path ceremonial burial->alphabet->code of laws->monarchy (we may not actually get that far the next time the president plays, but just in case. i will of course poll again after the president sends me a new save file)

Comment

You won't get that tech path available, there will have to be another tech involved somewhere along the line so i suggest horses.
        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

what else do you need hydey? i'm looking at the giant fold out that came with the game and i don't see a problem with it.

Comment

H Tower - theoretically it's a possible tech path, but the computer rarely gives you all the options you need in a row. There's bound to be a point where we gotta choose something else because (infuriantingly) the option we want isn't offered.

That's just the way it is.
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

There is ALWAYS a non-path tech required before Monarchy is offered. So planning what that tech will be is important.

I agree with Hydey that Horsies are a good choice, for movement (exploration) and attack. they're also cheap to build
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

we already have bronze working, will that suffice for the not path tech required?

Comment

Even with extra initial techs not on the Monarchy path, we'll still need to choose one other before monarchy is offered.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                    we already have bronze working, will that suffice for the not path tech required?
                    Why ? did we get that from a bloody hut?

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

that is the first thing being researched as chosen by our president, remember?

Comment

I thought we were going back to start again but i must have been wrong, shame to be stuck with bronze so early

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

we shall see when i the next turn is played, when is that going to be anyways?

Comment

Working...
                          X