X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science, Tax, Lux Rate: In the begining

Currently the tax/science/lux rate is at: 50/40/10
    that yields 1 income and a new tech every 12 turns

clearly this situation will change when the city planner is able to do some work.

Possible Distribution of our trade arrows (all 1 of them)
    We can either throw lots into luxury, or leave the rate as is. all combinations so far yield no tech rate better than every 12 turns, and no more than 1 gold per turn. we could even put the luxury rate up at 50% and have tax at 10% and science at 40% and the result is no different than what we have now.

A poll is worthless, as this report nearly is, the situation will change rapidly as we build roads, cities or build inprovements.

*H Tower dreams of living in a dacha outside of the capital that is connected by roads from his residence to his offices*

EDIT: Would the city planner please submit a list of possible city names for our capitol? its current name is Melfort and I have no idea what the significance of that name is

Re: Science, Tax, Lux Rate: In the begining

Originally posted by H Tower
    EDIT: Would the city planner please submit a list of possible city names for our capitol? its current name is Melfort and I have no idea what the significance of that name is
    I second that...

Comment

40 tax, 60 science 0 lux,
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

for now, that sounds good to me...

Comment

Re: Science, Tax, Lux Rate: In the begining

The City I live in, Melfort, Saskatchewan, Canada. Still don't think Melfort is real? Goto http://www.cityofmelfort.ca/, hell I show it on a map..........
          Attached Files
          Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

How about we change the name to Saskapolytonia?

60 Science, 40 Tax, 0 Lux is the way to go for now!
            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
            Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
            Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
            Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by CannonFodder
              How about we change the name to Saskapolytonia?
              No Melfort, but I like it.
              Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

As do I. If you want I can work up some more city names, but I personally think each cabinet member should get to submit a city name and we can then use those.

Comment

back on topic here, i think that the tax rate should be set as low as possible so that we still have a small profit, and the rest thrown into science, at least for now.

Comment

back on topic here, i think that the tax rate should be set as low as possible so that we still have a small profit, and the rest thrown into science, at least for now.
                    perhaps there's a little bit of bias there, science minister?

Comment

Speaking as a former science minister, I agree that science should be as high as possible while still making a profit.

Comment

Luxury is useless at this stay and tax is not very productive.
                        Go to the max science rate (Sc 60, Tax 40, Lux 0) !
                        JCP
                        Paris, FRANCE

Comment

JCP is right, zero Luxury and maximum science is the way to go
                          The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Hydey is right saying that JCP is right, agreeing with CannonFodder that we should be at 60-40-00 until Monarchy sets in.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

there are all good idea's

Comment

Working...
                              X