Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And if you would like to play this map, download it here:
    Attached Files
    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Re: D.G. #2: Settings discussion

Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq
      1) Essentials
      . . . a) game version
      AFAIK MGE is more challenging so I'll go form MGE

. . . b) map settings
      Large map; archipelago mdium land masses

. . . c) other settings
      7 civs, Raging, Deity

2) Preferences
      . . . a) rules of play (e.g. space victory only)
      go for space!!!

. . . b) civ color and name
      Banana Republic (yellow of course!)

. . . c) leader name
      El Senor Banana

... and we should go directly for Republic and remain in republic... otherwise what kind of Banana Republic would we be?

googol... this is a number!
      "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
      "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

Re: Re: D.G. #2: Settings discussion

Originally posted by Messer Niccolò
        ... and we should go directly for Republic and remain in republic... otherwise what kind of Banana Republic would we be?

Good idea

Shall we limit ourselves even further by building no wonders?

Comment

please not achipeligo again, i've seen enough of the superclad strat

Comment

1) Essentials
            . . . a) game version - MPE
            . . . b) map settings - Custom. I'll be glad to build one to whatever style is decided. But I can add navigable rivers, fair start positions, balanced resources, etc. I don't plan to play in this round (too much to do these next few months) . . . c) other settings - Raging Hordes and deity, at least

2) Preferences
            . . . a) rules of play (e.g. space victory only) - Perhaps specify that we must become a Democracy by a set year (1800?)
            . . . b) civ color and name - White Orange and Yellow seem to stand out the best; the name shouldn't be "Apolytonia" or a variant of it.
            . . . c) leader name - "Fearless Leader" seemed good
            . . . d) Decide beforehand if there will be a "constitution" or not. A listing of the general rules might suffice
            Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Just wondering, but why doesn't anyone play Test of Time. Thats a civ2 right? I only have MGE and earlier versions, but Im just wondering whats wrong with test of time?

Comment

Originally posted by MustPost
                Just wondering, but why doesn't anyone play Test of Time. Thats a civ2 right? I only have MGE and earlier versions, but Im just wondering whats wrong with test of time?
                are you sid meier by any chance? you mean you want me to buy another version of civ2? weren't four enough?

that's one of the reason's for me anyways, i couldn't stand the idea of having to buy a fifth installment to civ2. and all the reviews i saw about it were less than stellar.

Comment

I think a ToT Fantasy Democracy game would be pretty fun.
                  Hi, I'm a sig virus. Pass me on by putting me in your sig!

Comment

'cept there would be few players, because a good portion of us don't have TOT...

Comment

Originally posted by Patashu
                      I think a ToT Fantasy Democracy game would be pretty fun.
                      I'm sure you would be better of asking about TOT in the TOT forum.
                      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Anything is fine with me, just as long as it's different from what we did on the last map (archipelago).
                        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
                        Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                        Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                        Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Firstly large map, continents, raging hoards, diety level, and democracy/republic.... excellent suggestions.

I think not building wonders would present some serious challenges to overall game play, making life a touch more difficult, So i agree with that recommendation as well. However this does present the problem of acquiring wonders through conquest.

I notice one suggestion that hasn't come up yet is the prospect of accelerated start (in terms of technology). I suggest that a starting level of technology should be at say industrialisation, and equiv. level tech.

Although the superclad strategy was most illuminating, I don't think it needs to be repeated. I think the bottom line is, lets get the settings to make the game as challenging as possible.

As for a Civ name, the 'Banana Republic' as perviously suggested has sentimental value. As for the leader name, Boris McNasty rings a bell, but don't know from where....

Cheers, and let the games begun (MUHAHAHAHA)

Ant.
                          "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
                          "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

I like the sound of this so far. FWIW, the Prodigal -Jrabbit likes...

MGE (so my poor little Mac can participate)
                            Seven Raging Deities
                            Very Large Non-Archipelago

-- Banana Republic -- an excellent suggestion!!! (How about "Fruit-based" as our Adjective?)
                            -- No Totalitarianism (if "representative only" that would mean no Monarchy -- a pretty substantial handicap).
                            -- Shoot For The Stars
                            -- No Warmongering

-- Possible Leader Names for Banana Republic
                            Che-Che Rodriguez
                            Woody Allen
                            Castro Fruitbat

But as long as we're in MGE, I'll be there.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

1a : Mac edition ? if not, OK for MGE !
                              1b : huge and random (even if I like playing real world), and rather continent
                              1c : OK for 7 civs, deity, raging hordes
                              2a : For a classical challenge : first in AC or at least representative gvnt.
                              2 b : About tastes and colors...
                              About name, to maintain their function to bananas, we must avoid to build a "banana republic" (with united fruit paying the government ? )
                              I like the New Apolynia... monarchy, republic then democracy
                              2c :
                              2d : as commonly admitted.
                              JCP
                              Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Working...
                              X