No announcement yet.

The end is near for the game, but ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to be bothersome, but I have one more query: It concerns the fascism patch. Is it compatable with 2.42 (which I downloaded and I THINK worked, although I don't know how to check really as it just fixes bugs) and where can I find it? In Apolyton's Database, I can only find the French versions and modpacks that include fascism.

Anyone?
    "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
    "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
    "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

About patches, we should stick with MGE, you can always upgrade to MGE but does anyone know how to downgrade MGE to 2.42?

Comment

I have both games but only MGE is on the computer and I'm not loading 2.42 on aswell.

too lazy for that
        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

FOR CINCH: the official home of the facist patch website

ON VERSIONS: I wouldn't be able to play in a game that wasn't MGE, i gave away my original copy a looooong time ago. Since it is possible to upgrade to MGE but not possible to downgrade to 2.42, i will fight against playing the game on anything but MGE

Comment

ok, "Classie" ain't going to work (DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!) but can we don't use MGE v1.3????????
            Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

but can we don't use MGE v1.3????????
              why not john? the 1.3 patch is easy to come by, you can DL it or someone coud email it to you.

I have not pgraded a 2.42 Version but i know of only one person wh had a prob and that sould be solveable.

Cinch... If you have the same prob my friend had then here is how we fixed it. He didn't install his civ2 to the default directory and some of the files were in diff folders. we used windows add/remove prog. to take out civ (which will leave the folder and your saved games )
              and reinstalled it to the default folder. then imediately ran the patch. then the 1.3 update. and a No CD patch. After that it worked and we just moved his save files from the old folder to the new civ2 default folder.

Give it a try...Like i said windows won't remove the folder or your save games so worst case you loose 30min of time trying it out.
              Wizards sixth rule:
              "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
              Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

already did about 5 days ago, and it wasn't good, once I got MGE runing, I found and download the patch, scewr up my game, so much, that it wouldn't ever leat my PLAY IT AFTER I RE-UNSTALLED IT! 4 days larter, I finllay get it working again
                Last edited by mrboo123; July 12, 2002, 10:00.
                Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Working...
                X