The end is near for the game, but ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end is near for the game, but ...

Should be go for just finish the game as quickly as possible, or to get the best score possible!

You have 3 days!
    Just finish the game as quick as possible!
    66.67%
    Get the biggest possible score!
    16.67%
    Bananas!
    16.67%

The poll is expired.

Play the Demo Games!!
    Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
    Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

Banana Poll!
    googol... this is a number!
    "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
    "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

What I currently plan to do is to play the next session until the turn before we will win by conquering the last Carth city. I willl then stop, and if the people want, try to arrange a turnchat, much as in the Civ3 Demo game. Then I would make the savegame available to all who want it, and the last few orders could be made by all - and you all actually see the victory that, thanks to everyone, we are about to attain.

Then, if people want to, they can play with the supplied save to maximize the score of the game from the turn before the victory. Officially, however, the game will be over, and a new one can begin afresh!

Premier of Apolytonia
      MrWIA.
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I have 1 question............ can we just use "cassies" Civ2, the MGE download really srewed me (well, the patch did) oh, and I WANT A NEW GAME SO I CAN BE COME PRES.!
        Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

I voted Bannana's!!!!!!!
          Actually I like MWIA's suggestion of leaving that last move for others to DL and play,. However if we decide to finish it then lets get it over with and start a new Democracy Game.
          Wizards sixth rule:
          "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
          Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

MWIA great idea!
            That is really a good idea!
            I agree with 123john321 better 2.42 than MGE
            googol... this is a number!
            "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
            "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

OK with MWIA proposal ... which was an origninal idea of CaveBear's !
              JCP
              Paris, FRANCE

Comment

don't waste our time! finish them off!

...the people grow weary
                I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

do it and do it fast
                  The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I have yet another question... The MGE download didn't work for me, which is fine. But what is this 2.42 business?
                    "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                    "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                    "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

2.42 is the last patched version of the original civ2. if we play again i suggest we stay with MGE

Comment

v2.42 is the original game. There were two add-ons Conflicts in Civilization - v2.62 (IIRC) and Fantastic Worlds v2.78, both scenario packs. 2.62 is available freely as a patch (official patch), but 2.78 is not.

I wasn't here right at the start, but the MGE v1.3 was chosen for some reason (improved AI ) , and I objected until someone told me where to find the MGE patch of CivFanatics.com.

Sounds like before starting the new one we need a poll to see which version we should use...

EDIT: Or I could be wrong I'll just check...

Premier of Apolytonia
                        MrWIA.
                        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

personally, I'd rather just end the game quickly, rather than having a turnchat to carry out the obvious..

Comment

oooh banana...

i like the download option, and yeah go ahead and finish it quick
                            I only did one thing wrong today ... I got out of bed
                            "Damnit, is it possible to spell medievel right?" -SilverDragon

herr_ren@gmx.net

Comment

Ok, KEEP your opinions coming!
                              Play the Demo Games!!
                              Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
                              Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

Comment

Working...
                              X