No announcement yet.

Science Report 1812

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. I think it is time to consider a cessation of tech research in favor of gold accumulations, due to special end-of-game considerations. I think it is quite legitimate for the Minister of Science to consider no more science research.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
      I agree. I think it is time to consider a cessation of tech research in favor of gold accumulations, due to special end-of-game considerations. I think it is quite legitimate for the Minister of Science to consider no more science research.

I just realized - if this happens the Science Advisor's last job may be to put himself out of work!

Premier of Apolytonia
      MrWIA.
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

We need more technology we need to get wonder's to make our end-game score as high as possible!
        Play the Demo Games!!
        Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
        Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

Comment

please continue all discussion on adjusting the science rate in this thread. http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...14#post1093455

this thread should remain open to debate what technology should be next, if there is a next.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
            I just realized - if this happens the Science Advisor's last job may be to put himself out of work!
            I did realize that, and so I posted my suggestion with some considerable reluctance. I am naturally sympathetic to the interests of an elected official to get to play out his/her turn. On the other hand, there is still the legitimate concern for the best strategy to end the game quickly with efficient use of all possible resources.

Indeed, it is worth noting that your own job may be to end your Presidency before it's alotted time. Would you deliberately drag the game out in order to play the whole month? So it is also with the other positions.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

i knew going in before the election that i could be jobless. in fact i tried to make it so that the science advisor position never existed when we debated this just before the election. but the will of the people said wait a while before stopping research, and if the will of the people says to stop, i(we) will stop. i wouldn't have it any other way. and if i give the sermon at my own funeral, that's that. And when we start the next game, i'll have some government service under my belt and some practice at doing the science advisor position.

Comment

We need to just lower the science rate to 60%!
                Play the Demo Games!!

Comment

Originally posted by James Adams
                  We need to just lower the science rate to 60%!
                  Please dicuss this in the other thread
                  Last edited by Hydey; July 4, 2002, 05:07.
                  The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Hydey, I got this when i click at your link Congratulations! You found a missing page

If you care too much about it (or about the well-being of our site ) please report the error

If you are using our IP address to access the site, please use our domain name(apolyton.net) instead!

To help you in your quest, here are some tools(take a look at the links at the bottom of the page too):
                    Apolyton CS Site Search (using Google)

Apolyton CS News Archive Search
                    Category: AnyAboutAltCiv2Civ2MacCiv2ToTCiv3CtPCtP2CtPMacDino MiscMoO3RoNSMACSMACX Look in: News TitleNews ContentBoth
                    Find: ANDORNOT
                    Put in the words or phrases that you want to search for. Do not include AND or OR, use the selector instead

Apolyton CS Forums Search Engine (you must be registered and logged in for this to work)
                    Search By Keyword Search By User Name

Basic query: seperate your search terms with spaces.

Advanced query: Join words with AND, OR and NOT to control you search in more detail.
                    Add asterisks (*) to use wild cards in your search (*bullet* matches vBulletin etc.)

Match exact name
                    Match partial name

Search Options
                    Search Forum... Search For Posts From... Sort Results By...

Search All Open Forums Civilization III-- Civ3-General-- Civ3-Play the World-- Civ3-Strategy-- Civ3-Civilizations-- Civ3-Files-- Civ3-Creation-- Civ3-Help-- Civ3-StoriesMaster of Orion-- MOO3-- MOO1/2Big Huge Games-- Rise of NationsCivilization II-- Civ2-General/Help-- Civ2-Democratic Games-- Civ2-Test of Time-- Civ2-Strategy-- Civ2-Creation-- Civ2-MultiplayingCall To Power II-- CtP2-General/Help/Strategy/Multiplaying-- CtP2-Creation/AI/Mods/ScenariosAlpha Centauri-- AC-General/Help/Strategy-- AC-Creation-- AC-Fiction-- AC-MultiplayingCivilization: Call To Power-- CtP-General/Help/Strategy-- CtP-Creation-- CtP-MultiplayingHosted Sites-- HS-The Spanish Civilization II Site-- HS-Scenario LeagueAlternative Civs / Other Games-- Classic Games (Civilization I, Colonization, MoM)-- Alternative Civilizations-- Clash of Civilizations-- Trade Wars 2002-- The Courts of Candle'Bre---- The Courts of Candle'Bre (private)-- Freeciv-- Guns, Germs & Steel-- Europa Universalis-- Other Games---- DinosaursMiscellaneous-- Civ-Macintosh---- Mac-Civilization II---- Mac-Alpha Centauri---- Mac-Call To Power-- Apolyton/Community-- Apolyton Staff Room (private)-- Stories & Diplomacy-- Off-Topic-- Archive---- Civ3-General-Archive---- Civ3-The List of Ideas for Firaxis - Archive---- Civ3-Release Info/Availability---- AC-Multiplaying-Archive---- CtP-Multiplaying-Archive---- Apolyton/Community-Archive---- Off-Topic-Archive

Search entire posts
                    Search titles only Show results as posts
                    Show results as threads

any date yesterday a week ago 2 weeks ago a month ago 3 months ago 6 months ago a year ago

and newer
                    and older

title number of replies number of views last posting date poster forum

in ascending order
                    in descending order
                    Play the Demo Games!!

Comment

Thats strange, try again as it worked for me just now.
                      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Strange is a word that is not strong enought for this, I try again and it worked!
                        Play the Demo Games!!

Comment

Working...
                        X