Has MarkG poisoned our Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has MarkG poisoned our Game?

He's just started a democracy game for civ3, and solicited here for members. My question is, will members of our game leave to participate in the civ3 game instead of finishing this one?
    Yes
    16.67%
    No
    36.67%
    Banana
    46.67%

I think this is a bit unfair, considering the support we have received for this game from MarkG and other Apolyton leaders. You could have simply phrased the thread to ask if people would leave, and not employed the negative "poisoned" reference.

I give this the banana...
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I'll stay in both games.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

H Tower - You may find that some of the Civ 3 players start taking a closer look at your game. That can only be good for Civ 2

---------------------

SG(2)
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I'll stay in both, probably my activity will focus with this game though.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

We might get more people involved if they find it fun
            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I consider it a tribute to our success in expanding the feeling of community that draws people to Apolyton. I find it hard to think of Markg's action as anything other than that. He's been a strong supporter of our little corner of this site.

It's really no different than adding things like Quick Reply and the Chat Room to 'poly. In essence, he's just expanding the menu of available toys to be found on *his* site. that means more ppl, which means more eyeballs, which means continuing ad support, which means -- Apolyton Lives!

Besides, if the idea of a democracy game is a good one (which I think this group has shown), it was only a matter of time before a Civ3 version started. (In fact, with no MP option, I'm surprised it didn't start sooner.)

You'll not see me bad-mouthing MarkG. (Besides, he's got my fave avatar on the whole site...)
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I go with the elongated yellow fruit on this one.
                The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                intelligence to few.

Comment

Banana, I'll play both.

Comment

Support the banana! Validate it!
                    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

time will tell

Comment

If MarkG only sees the words "MarkG" and "poisoned" next to each other, you might find yourself getting PCR-ed back to the stone age.
                        Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Leave to play Civ3?

Over Civ2?

Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I say doing both could be fun

EDIT: MrWIA shall we go "poison" the Civ3 game with our parties?

Comment

Well it would be considered a poison if the reaction is as bad as it was (at first) here.

/me rubs hands together in sinister manner.
                              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                              X