demographics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• demographics

Something needs to be done about our demographics. I don't usually give much attention to this part of the game but when I look at our civilizations demographics I just have to do something about it. People are living to 27 years of age, 47% are diseased (mainly those who want the civ run as a democracy ), 32% can read, the people are only getting 13$ per capita, and worst of all the peasants have a 49% approval rating of the ruling class (that's us) I really think somthing needs to be done about this. especially the only living to 27 years old and having 4.3 childredn thing. I would never wish that upon anyone. If our citizens had the ability I don't doubt the fact that they would emmigrate ASAP. Bottom line we need to improve the standards of living.
    Citizens:

Us(if we're not careful):

well maybe if we stopped conquering cities our demographic numbers would change.

Comment

I agree that some of our demographics need to be improved. But the ones that are "per capita" are only low because our population is much higher than the other civs.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

The demographics are a capitalist tool used to mystify the proletariat.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
          The demographics are a capitalist tool used to mystify the proletariat.
          you're one to speak. you came waltzing up to the forum with an entire constitution in hand

Comment

some of those demos though are because we are conquering, like popularity, taking a city destroys temples, and cathedrals, (or was it colloseums?) once we discover medicine, the disease rate will drop and the life span will go up too. if you look at the other civs, you'll notice that they are republics or democracies (all the leaders are consul or speaker) of course their economies will be better than ours. but they aren't growing like ours. i'm not alking about family size though

Comment

Re: demographics

Originally posted by Space05us
              ...the people are only getting 13$ per capita,
              Hey, that's good money, look how many bananas it gets you!
              The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
              intelligence to few.

Comment

Carrots, too...

(Bugs Bunny, singing): "Carrots are divine, you get a dozen for a dime; it's magic..."

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

One of the most important demographics is Manufactured Goods. And we are first in that. I wish I knew by how much, though...

I *do* want to get our productivity and GNP up. With population, those 4 really tell you how you are doing.

Comment

How are people earning money as commies?

Comment

you still get money for working, it's just equal to everyone else who holds the same job

Comment

Productivity! Its all about Productivity! Increase Productivity!
                        The one and only panda of the Red Army.
                        Xenozodskyovitchkov, retired Commander of the 1st Ukrainian Front.
                        Recipient of the Medal for Accomplishment in IRC Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Xenozod
                          Productivity! Its all about Productivity! Increase Productivity!
                          Population counts, too. But I have our talented Engineer Corps transforming grassland into hills and mining them near most cities. That should help a bit in the productivity area! And I expect newly-appointed Minister of City-Planning Bear to improve Worker assignments and suggest the most useful city-improvements very soon.

Comment

I still can't believe you chose a capitalist to be in our government.
                            The one and only panda of the Red Army.
                            Xenozodskyovitchkov, retired Commander of the 1st Ukrainian Front.
                            Recipient of the Medal for Accomplishment in IRC Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Xenozod
                              I still can't believe you chose a capitalist to be in our government.
                              I have no compunctions whatsoever against stealing the talents of the Capitalists for our own benefit. We will let them sell themselves as they assist us in burying their own kind. It will be proof of the failure of their anti-worker theory. The capitalist-lackeys will betray their own children for money, and we will benefit from it as our Workers observe their techniques and apply the dialectic to the improvement of the skills!

Comment

Working...
                              X