No announcement yet.

City-Planner and Imperial Expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, since this poll is up, I will leave the City Planner and Imperial Expansion polls out for the moment until a decision is reached.

Premier cavebear - how long is the poll open for?

VP,
    Mr WIA
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

no, put the elections up...i would assume this won't apply until july unless one of the two positions decides to resign to unite them

Comment

Actually, we should feed the candidates bananas. That sounds easiest.

Comment

That seems logical
          City Planning become important for maximizing production and trade.
          But if expansion is no longer of primary importance than at the beginning of the game, nethertheless, I think a civilization has to continuously expand and conquer new territories !
          How large is too the dark part of our world !
          JCP
          Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
            Well, since this poll is up, I will leave the City Planner and Imperial Expansion polls out for the moment until a decision is reached.

Premier cavebear - how long is the poll open for?

VP,
            Mr WIA
            I think I set it for 2 days.

But it doesn't mean we have to implement the results immediately for June. I just have the idea that the 2 functions naturally overlap (having been City-Planner previously), and there has continued to be some confusion about the 2 positions.

Perhaps the combining of the functions can wait a term, and that be understood by the next group of candidates. The President (or the next VP) can act as City-Planner if no one seeks the job actively.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

It is still large, though not as large as it once was. It covers about 1/4 or 1/3 of the world.
              "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
              Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
              Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
              Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by CannonFodder

It all depends on what type of production the people want. I can do it all, from maximizing science to maximizing food and everything in-between.

That doesn't mean I want to.

I must say that should the posts of Imperial Expansion and City Planning be combined at this time I will be withdrawing from the race. I simply do not have the time to make good suggestions to the President on such matters.

Should I get more time on my hands then I may choose to run, but that is entirely dependent on circumstance.

Hopefully we will reconsider changing the posts at this point in time.
                Don't withdraw. I will not ask anyone to do what they did not expect to have to do when they decided to run for a Cabinet post. This is more for future elections than the current one.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Imperial Expansion Minister -- targets locations for new cities, agitates for the engineers needed to build them, perhaps notes weak foreign cities easily added to our glorious empire.

City Planner -- maximizes city worker deployment and plans improvements to create the needed balance of resources.

These are definitely separate. The emphasis changes as the gameyear changes, but
                  BOTH ARE NEEDED!
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Does City Planner get to agiatate for engineers needed for tile improvements?
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                    X