Let's butcher Egyptians, 1520ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's butcher Egyptians, 1520ad

Our first unit to approach Heliopolis was killed by a catapult. We will have to approach the city a different way. We currently have 4 crusaders at our disposal in Shade, more being trained elsewhere in the commune.

Your options:
    1. Sail 2 triremes with 4 crusaders to the red X, attacking with second movement points
    2. Sail 3 triremes with 6 crusaders to the red X, attacking with second movement points
    3. Abandon the plan to capture Heliopolis, a free tech, and a bag of gold.

The Supreme Military Commander recommends option 2. Our musketeer fortified just outside the forest would them march in to defend our new real estate.
    OPTION 1 - Skeleton crew assault
    0.00%
    OPTION 2 - Wave of crusaders
    93.75%
    OPTION 3 - I am a lily livered peacenik
    0.00%
    OPTION 4 - Banana
    6.25%

The poll is expired.

The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

What's the catch if we send in 6 crusaders? Will it take longer to get them there? Will it leave us a little more vulnerable somewhere? If not (or even if it DOES take an extra turn or two to get them there), why are we even waiting?

Kill them comrades, KILL!!!
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Get 12 crusaders and take there whole civ
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

But only in the name of spreading world peace.

Isn't Communism great?!
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Hit as hard as possible or don't hit at all.
          Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

4 is good
            6 is even better

(btw you say we have 4 crusaders in Shade, I think we can get 4 crusaders of the 2 triremes dwelling in the airea to so we would only need 1 more trireme (maybe we should rushbuild a trireme in Shade) )

little other question: what's the next target(their capital??? )

Shade
            ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
            "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
            shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Hey, how about a screenshot?

Why six instead of four? Four might be enough, but six should be guaranteed success. If two of ours die and they have 3 units there (they are probably sending in more units from the east, an attack force of four might not capture the city... Six should avoid this problem...

I'd rather rush another crusader than a trireme. However, if no third trireme is available, it would necessary to pull off the six unit invasion.
              Attached Files

intelligence to few.

Comment

little side-note
                maybe we can leave the crusader and the musketeer where they are now and try to lure some of their units out the city...they can just move to the forestsquare and then they are sitting ducs for our crusader.

(the 6-unit invasion would be usefull if we plan to march on to their capital(6 units ready and if we steal Navigation we get 3 carvels to transport them))

Shade
                ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

We've already seen the result of a skeleton attack presence.
                  Disaster! Let us learn from history, not repeat it!!

Hit them hard, and preferably below the belt. We must save the infidels from there fat, bourgeois monarch!

BTW, that American city is pretty far from home. Any bribe potential there ya think?
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                    We've already seen the result of a skeleton attack presence.
                    Disaster! Let us learn from history, not repeat it!!
                    No, that lead musketeer was to draw out the catapult, which didn't move toward Shade. It was a gamble to take the city with the few units we had available - it just didn't work out in our favor. Agreed, more is merrier, as they say.

intelligence to few.

Comment

Kill them! Kill them all!!!
                      "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
                      Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                      Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                      Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

I can land 6 Crusaders on the Red X and attack Heliopolis on the 8th turn.

Or 4 Crusaders on the Red X and attack on the 7th turn with 2 more Crusaders to follow up on the 8th.

Using only 3 Triremes, and rush-building only the current Crusader in progress in Shade.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

According to the (unanimous so far!!!!) survey, sending 6 on turn 8 is an overwhelming favorite.

Thanks for such specific info!!!
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

overwhelming?? unanimous!!

Comment

OK, I've diagrammed it out on a copy of the screenshot of the area. I can't find a flaw. We can hit Heliopolis with 6 Crusaders from the South, pick off any units that approach Shade with a 7th Crusader on a Fortified Musketeer, and it leaves an 8th Crusader and another Musketeer in Shade for dense. Taking Heliopolis on the 8th turn.

I don't want to show it yet (it looks like a diagram of a bar-fight). Plus, I don't want to step on the SMC's toes (I'm just giving him a "number of turns" target to better).

I'll bet the SMC can do better (either in fewer turns, or with our troops better-positioned, or protected, or something).

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                              Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                              Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                              Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Working...
                              X