Official Apolyton Political Parties Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Apolyton Political Parties Thread

Post Member lists and party names here. I will update this top post to have a comprehensive list:

Parties (2+ members):
    Sodaqistas:
    Marquis de Sodaq
    ixnay37
    CannonFodder
    Vlad Antlerkov
    Mr. President
    skywalker
    Xenozod
    Darkness' Edge

UNPARTY
    cavebear
    Shaka Naldur
    JCP
    atawa
    Dan Severn

AAAC:
    civman2000
    MrWhereItsAt
    Space05us
    H Tower

The Apolyton Capitalist & Foreign Prestige Party
    Bear
    Gen. Hancock
    James Adams
    teic

Stonecutters
    timmy2tone69
    Haggislvr

Democratic Fundamentalists:
    Shadowlord
    DarkCloud

Parties-to-be (1 member):
    The Apolyton Fundamentalist Green Party
    Immortal Wombat

The Muslim Party
    tomcat ha

Apolytonian Communist Party
    El Awrence
    Last edited by civman2000; June 17, 2002, 18:14.

You missed Adamsj's party, and here's mine.

Democratic Fundamentalists:
    Shadowlord

The Democratic Fundamentalists main goal is (1) getting a huge lead in technology, followed by (2) a switch to Fundamentalism, then (3) generation of huge amounts of cash, and (4) bribing and conquering our foes using our superior technology and superior economy, and forcing them to adopt democratic customs under our rule.

Our party stance on the Constitution Issue is that we should have a limited constitution to prevent problems from arising, but not an overly complicated one. We believe the Constitution is necessary to prevent our Great Civilization from falling into anarchy.

And we use terms like "Great Civilization" and "the People."
    "For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

AAAC (Association of Apolytonians Against a Constitution):
      Look at the name. More info on our ideas is at the constitution thread. Other than that, we don't have any ideas so far.

Comment

Hummm. I am balancing between two courses here, either joining one of the readily established parties or forming one of my own. I'll sleep overnight and then tell you what my decision is.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Several members have expressed support for the sodaquista cause. All have happily accepted cash-stuffed thank you letters.

(citizen on sodaquista mailing list as he greets the postman)
          The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
          intelligence to few.

Comment

IMO it would be better to join existing parties then end up with 20 1-3 member parties...

Comment

IMO it would be better to join existing parties then end up with 20 1-3 member parties...
              I agree, but I still think that the Party of the Neutral Non-participators (name under work) would get a large set of folk under it's banner.
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

hmmm...maybe. What about saying you can't make a party until you have 2 (or should it be 3?) members? With a limited supply of active members, we'd have at most 10 parties or so...

Comment

A brilliant idea! Seconded. I recall an example, the "Liberal party", right here in Finland; you need 5000 members to form a new party that can take part in elections. So the 1-person 'parties' would remain as civil organizations until they gain enough members, and would be promoted to the status of 'political party' once they have enough people. 2 or 3 sounds good to me.
                  /me is still deciding on whether to found PNN or just join [censored]

Comment

Let's say two...if two people come together to make a party that is very different than just one person deciding it might be good to make a party...

Comment

Sounds good.

Anyone else willing to join the agenda of Non-participating? I'll elaborate if someone shows interest.

I'd also like to ask Mister Sodaq, what exactly do Sodaqists do?

Comment

I'll join the Up holding Apolytonia prestige in Foreign affairsPolitic Party.
                        Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
                        Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
                        President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

it's a rule at civfanatics (i think) but I dont see why we shouldnt be able to. I think the very close elections were the main cause

Comment

Originally posted by kassiopeia
                            I'd also like to ask Mister Sodaq, what exactly do Sodaqists do?
                            1) Back me (or favored candidates) in elections
                            2) Support grand schemes to crush the AI
                            3) Encourage cities near whales
                            4) Encourage maximizing trade arrows in our cities
                            5) Use excessive smilies

#s 2, 3 and 4 being the primary goals...
                            The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                            intelligence to few.

Comment

Working...
                            X