Thoughts on Tied Races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Tied Races

My RL convention's over and my plane leaves in the a.m. Thought I'd check in on the most exciting elections in History of the United Minds of Apolyton.

MEMO
    Re: potentially tied elections

Your Historian strongly agrees with the thought that the current VP is the correct person to break any and ALL tied election races. The outgoing and incoming Presidential candidates have too much at stake -- eg Shade running for a ministerial post (nothing personal, Shade; you know your Historian loves you ).

Since it appears that the VP is the only non-elective office we have, let that person make the judgment. No taint of political motivation. Well, we hope....

If the VP is running for a post that ends up in a tie, the new and non-tied electees should be polled (run-off), ON A PUBLIC THREAD.

Or -- you could let your loyal and humble Historian decide what's best for the ppl. This would be based on a scholar's sense of historical imperative -- as far as you know....

I think we're worrying a lot about things that are not really all that likely, but these are nevertheless good quetions to address.

Thus this missive...
    More thoughts, ppl?
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

I vote for whichever method is most likely to get me picked should I tie...

Comment

hmmm...I think shaka would prefer gramphos, but I'm not sure...

Comment

Whatchu talkin' 'bout, civman?
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

the science advisor election

Comment

I would advice have a second round of voting and another round continue a leader is vote by the people for the people!
            Play the Demo Games!!
            Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
            Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

Comment

Working...
            X