Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[edit] double post[/edit]
    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka Naldur
      are we going to trade techs with foreign nations??
      I am,
      but not if they are out of our techpath before we get mono.

(btw isn't the wheel on the path of invention??)

Shade
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

Originally posted by shade
        offers MrWhereItsAt a nice, soothing drink and a little valium
        >>Message

FOOLISH HUMANS! WE DO NOT INGEST AS YOU DO.

OUR SUGGESTION IS THAT WE MUST HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF THE OTHER CIV'S TECHS BEFORE WE CAN DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT WE MIGHT MISS LEO'S WORKSHOP BY OPTING FOR SLIGHTLY LESS PRIMITIVE SAILING BOATS.

IT IS HIGHLY ILLOGICAL TO RISK MISSING THIS WONDER IF ANOTHER CIV HAS THE REQUISITE TECHNOLOGY. A NECESSITY IS TO ESTABLISH FOREIGN RELATIONS WITH THE PUNY ROMANS AND INDIANS TO DETERMINE THIS RISK. THIS WILL ALSO RESULT IN MORE STRATEGIC INFORMATION FOR OUR INEVITABLE GLORIOUS WAR OF CONQUEST.

(OR, IN PUNY HUMAN TERMS: "We should investigate (with diplomats) the techs of the civs around us to determine whether or not we could miss the critical Leo's Workshop by going first for Navigation. Besides, once the cities we have build defenders, settlers and temples, we should really make caravans and diplomats priorities in most of them.")

I AWAIT FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS. >>Message ends
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Outstanding Post! 9.7 for style. Loved it.
          Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

>> Message

YOUR PRAISE: UNNECESSARY.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF THIS UNIT'S STATEMENT: SATISFACTORY.

I>> Message ends
            Consul.

Comment

MrWIA: I think cavebear was a little under-generous. I rate it a 12.4 out of 10. I think that sums up the creativity nicely.

Since when do we have an alien robot in our citizenry?

We should be able to easily trade for the Wheel, and any other prereqs for Invention that we don't have at this point. Invention is a more worthwhile wonder then Magellan's, but if we can get both, all the better.

Shade: I got mono once. It sucked. I spent three days in the hospital.

Steele
              If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

Steele - One of the judges was subjorned (sp?). I have my city investigators seeking out which one. But I had to report the results they gave.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by steelehc
                  Shade: I got mono once. It sucked. I spent three days in the hospital.

Steele
                  something tell's me this is not monotheism you rae talking about,although I have no clue what is...

ok the reports of those 3 last advirors didn't arrive,to bad...

Shade

Comment

Since when do we have an alien robot in our citizenry?
                    Don't you guys know a Dalek when you hear one?

Thanks guys. I thought about continuing, but it's bound to get on someone's nerves.

shade, lay the Smack Down on those lazy advisors. How many warnings did you give them, anyway?

They should be publicly tarred and feathered.
                    Consul.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

Don't you guys know a Dalek when you hear one?

Thanks guys. I thought about continuing, but it's bound to get on someone's nerves.

shade, lay the Smack Down on those lazy advisors. How many warnings did you give them, anyway?

They should be publicly tarred and feathered.
                      Since they refussed to send their reports I just played without them.Due to the fact that my internetconnection was dead for several hours this afternoon I only send the new saves now,sorry for the delay.
                      Full report in a few hours(now I first have to do something for school it has to be finished by tommorow so be patient there are 14 screenshots waiting to be shown.
                      (one thing I already can tell we finnally got to researching monotheism(only 2 or 3 turn before it's finished)...I tried to trade several times with the Indians=> they didn't care,they said we were to retarded for their technology.)
                      then when we got poly I had the choice between banking,the wheel,feudalism and I forgot the other one=> no MONO )

Shade

Comment

Whats a Dalek? Is it like an Alien Robot?

Mono = mononucleosis, a disease, also called the kissing disease. I got it a number of years ago, when I was 15, I think. It ruined most of one semester of high school.

Which advisors failed to send in their reports? I could arrange for them to go surveying at the South Pole...

Steele
                        If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

Which advisors failed to send in their reports? I could arrange for them to go surveying at the South Pole...
                          Steele
                          love the idea

Shade

Comment

Warning! OT rant at steelehc following

Whats a Dalek? Is it like an Alien Robot?

Steele

My. God. A Dalek is only the premiere nemesis of the world's longest running sci-fi series - Doctor Who! Even America got the show, as well as most of the Commonwealth, and at it's height it was watched by 250 million worldwide. It lasted 1963-1989 and continues today off-screen in DVD releases of old stories, half a dozen new books per month, including non-fiction, Magazines, countless fanzines and there's a sanctioned new story on audio CD every month also. Douglas Adams? Tested his sci-fi knowhow as script editor on the programme just before he properly got into Monty Python. Ridley Scott? Worked on an alien-causes-you-to-turn-into-it-in-horrific-style Doctor Who before he did Alien. They did TV time travel before Star Trek. ANd the phone box that travels through time in the Bill and Ted movies? Well... Doctor Who did that first with a time travelling Police Box! << shakes head in disbelief >>
                            Consul.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                              Even America got the show, as well as most of the Commonwealth, and at it's height it was watched by 250 million worldwide.
                              wich is like less then 0.5% of the world population...
                              It lasted 1963-1989
                              and stopt like 3 years before we had a television at home...

just kidding...are there really so many ppl stil interested in such an old thing?

Shade ,back to business,where is my whipe...

Comment

Return to the subject...

The things have changed... my mind too !
                                Now, our Prez Shade built LightHouse. Navigation and caravels are no more urgent.
                                Go straight to Invention ! (after Monotheism)
                                JCP
                                Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Working...
                                X