Science Research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science Research

We are on a path to Monotheism. In the event an advance leading to Monotheism is unavailable, what should our alternate path be?

Invention to get us to Leonardo's Workshop,

or,

Navigation to better explore our world?
    Invention (Leo)
    66.67%
    Navigation (explore)
    33.33%
    Banana (we must trade bananas) ;)
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Here's a link.

Gramphos did an earlier poll that was pretty close so this is to verify those results after seeing the screen shots.
    Here's a link.

Comment

We should be offerred a chance to research Monotheism when Poly is complete because we will have both the prerequisite techs (Poly and Philo). In fact, I sure hope the appropriate Minister is recommending a trade with the Indians for Poly before we get it on our own. We might be able to pursue Mono at once with only a couple of turns to go for it.
      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Cavebear I'll give it a try and be very gentle...
        and if they don't want to exchange==> LEO:a great way to make a great army

Shade
        ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
        shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Invention, I say!

Comment

I say invention too. Because if we get the workshop, eventually our settlers will become engineers, and that will increase the ability of my ministry to build new cities.

Steele
            If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

Trade!

Comment

Trade! Invent! Dominate!

MWAHAHAHA! Resistance is Useless!

YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                  Trade! Invent! Dominate!

MWAHAHAHA! Resistance is Useless!

YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  What the...

Oh no he went mad...

He must have got Rabies somehow...

We really need to get rid of this danger:

What shall it be emprison?
                  or inocculate??

Shade
                  "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

Generaly, navigation is nearer and easy to reach for facilitate exploration and transport.
                    For Leo's, we have time, as AI does'nt rushbuy wonders if he discover invention before us.
                    Conclusion : navigation first, then invention.
                    JCP
                    Paris, FRANCE

Comment

I entirely disagree. Suppose someone gets invention and then we aren't offered it on our next research choice? Get invention safely in the bag now if Monotheism isn't a choice.

Comment

I agree with JCP. Normally, I'm a big fan of Invention, but on this world, it really looks like Navigation will offer us a greater payoff.

I think the chances that we'd lose Leo are pretty small, and as long as we prepare our camels in advance, we should easily win that race, too.

Vote Navigation, ppl !!

* offers MrWhereItsAt a nice, soothing drink *
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                          * offers MrWhereItsAt a nice, soothing drink and a little valium *

Comment

invention invention so we can get to gunpowder asap!

Comment

why don´t we research and oldest tech like the wheel??

btw,

are we going to trade techs with foreign nations??
                              Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
                              Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
                              miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X