The issue of wonders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The issue of wonders

Some of the masses are grumbling about the need for wonders in this game. To build them, we really ought to be rolling out the caravans on our main island! Forget marketplaces, breed camels! Once we decide which wonder we want, voila! we build it the next turn.

It wouldn't hurt to settle another city east of Apolyton to aid in this production. It would necessarily be small, but could be a dedicated camel ranch. You simply can't have too many caravans in this game! Besides, we need more trade routes.

Let the president and ministers hear your wishes!

(le marquis investing more gold in camel futures)
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Yes, let's breed camels!

Comment

Yeah, put all money on camels, we need to be prepared for Global Warming
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

let us build many wonders with our mighty camels.
        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Camels -- Yes!
          Wonders -- Yes!

(signed)
          The Grumbling Masses
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Horah! WonderCamels!

I say yes.
            Talent Optional

Comment

I am in favor of organizing a few cities to build caravans to help make Wonders, but we can suffer if we dedicate too many resources to that. It isn't just an either/or question. There are also costs in building Wonders.
              Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
              Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
              Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
              Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Can we get a list of available buildings to add to "Queues" for each city where building Caravans is a feasible idea? I think Caravans may be the order of the day where we have our exploration/settler factories elsewhere and our core cities have built most of the available improvements.

It is time for a Wonder or two, and we gotta start early!
                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

We just should start builing a Wonder on our Main island apolytonia and switch its production when we are able to build Mikes,then use all the camels we had storred for this moment to have an instant Wonder....WE NEED HAPPINESS

So stop fighting over how or what might...
                  start builing a wonder in one of the cities of Apolytonia and have eg 2 cities building caravans wich we stockpille until the discovery of Monotheism and then build Michelangelo's Chapel.

So get on with it!!!!

Shade
                  ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                  "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                  shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

I know wonders are important, but us citizens come first...we pay your enormous government salaries!! Maybe we should just give you elected individuals a paycut!
                    I say we first placate the rest of our population, then gets those camels to multiply and use them for both trade and wonder production...That way, we can get more money as well...for entertainment and luxury!
                    "Listen lad. I built this kingdom up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was swamp. All the kings said I was daft to build a castle in the swamp, buit I built it all the same just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third one. That burnt down, fell over and then sank into the swamp, but the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're gonna get, lad, the strongest castle in these isles."
                    - Swamp King (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

Comment

Nay I say!

Let us keep our population to the size each city is content at and build Wonders there. Wouldn't Mike or the Oracle make ppl happy enough - just on a nationwide scale - and bring us great accolades as well?
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

This definitely a matter at hand, and we should decide whether to build or not a wonder, and if we do want to build one, on what city should it be built.
                        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by kassiopeia
                          and if we do want to build one, on what city should it be built.
                          =>Logic=the one with the highest production

Shade
                          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

Not necessarily, Shade. If we incrementally rushbuild caravans, then it won't matter where it is, as long as the camels can reach it. Any city on Apolytonia would do, as long as the others are building caravans to bump up production. I advocate building caravans and then building the wonder in one turn.
                            The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                            intelligence to few.

Comment

Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq
                              Not necessarily, Shade. If we incrementally rushbuild caravans, then it won't matter where it is, as long as the camels can reach it. Any city on Apolytonia would do, as long as the others are building caravans to bump up production. I advocate building caravans and then building the wonder in one turn.
                              that's also a possibility but I had the impression our cashflow wasn't that big so we could easily rushbuy...
                              We'll see...

Shade

Comment

Working...
                              X