Demo Game #5 - city planning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StuporMan

I do not know what the rules are about exploits in Democracy games, so I do not know what the policy is on using helper programs and black clicking or I could find out if these are viable city sites.

Stuporman
    We generally avoid the exploits that are not allowed by "Rah's rules". Black clicking and helper programs are a matter of taste unless some additional constraint has been agreed. My personal opinion is against black clicking and hut finder, but I think the majority find them perfectly acceptable. I haven't made up my mind yet about your supply and demand calculator. I suspect it will calculate these for a city where you have not yet revealed all the tiles. If so, I personally wouldn't use it.

RJM at Sleeper's
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Nine voters - we have lift-off.

I think there's still a little time to go, but the wishes of the people seem clear. So, noble leader, build as many settlers as you can to start new cities. I'd put a warrior in each and not bother with exploring, but that's only my view as a citizen, not advice from a minister.

Also my advice as a player of these games is to try to keep the game flowing. Interest tends to decline if we slow down.

Good luck,

RJM at Sleeper's
      Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

RJM,

The will of the people does seem clear. I will expand our empire to cover the earth!

I will try to play around 10 turns per round then posting the results. If this seems too many turns or too few, I can change this number later.

As to my Supply and Demand calculator. In this and all future versions, you will not be able to use the calculator to discover the terrain on undiscovered tiles.

There are only a few rare cases that could potentially be the exception to this rule. Should you found a city AND this city have undiscovered tiles within the city limits AND you have discovered trade, then it is possible that in order to get the calculator to match the commodities in the city the black tiles must be of a certain combination of terrain tiles.

I personally do not have a problem with this exception as these would be extremely rare circumstances and it costs a settler to discover this terrain.

StuporMan
        Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.

StuporMan's Supply and Demand Calculator
        Supply and Demand Calculator 2.0.1 Beta Now loading savegames!

Comment

Fellow citizens,

Just a note to say I will be on holiday ( and away from poly / civ ) 25th Jun - 14 Jul.

Hopefully an update from our Leader before my enforced break

Strategy
          Tried some similarly restricted games over the past few days and have been stunned with the power of Xinning - get Trade ( churn out caravans ) then Republic ( growth ) and smite the foes

Comment

Update your calendars my citizens, the date is now 3500BC! Check our progress HERE

StuporMan
            Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.

StuporMan's Supply and Demand Calculator
            Supply and Demand Calculator 2.0.1 Beta Now loading savegames!

Comment

Originally posted by rjmatsleepers
              Also my advice as a player of these games is to try to keep the game flowing. Interest tends to decline if we slow down.
              yes yes keep it moving
              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Working...
              X